4 replies to this topic

#1 audiophile

audiophile

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 21 May 2003 - 06:55 AM

I've got a v1.0 box with an old enigmah final chip. I've got my C: and E: backed up. I try to install slayer's 2.1 evox. Everything goes fine. Then i reboot my xbox with no CD in it, and I get the MS dash that came with the xbox, no evox dash. I've looked at my harddrive via FTP and all the evox files and apps are there. Anything i'm doing wrong?

#2 SillYcoNe

SillYcoNe

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 291 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 21 May 2003 - 07:22 AM

I dunno how Slayer calls the executable for evox (xboxdash.xbe or evoxdash.xbe), this may be the problem. If your bios only boots c:\xboxdash.xbe and evox dash is name for example evoxdash.xbe then your box will boot to MSdash.
The solution is to backup c:\xboxdash.xbe and rename the file for evox dash to c:\xboxdash.xbe.
(with a manual install you wouldn't have asked this question...)

#3 KRACKA

KRACKA

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 21 May 2003 - 06:54 PM

I would say do a manuel install it is so much easier. First off the new versions of X2 bios will load the evox dash if it is named evoxdash.xbe. The problem with renaming the origional dash (xboxdash.xbe) is that if you can disable the chip (i am not fimilar with enigmah) the xbox will not be able to laod the origional dash...because it cannot find it. So i would load up some new X2 bios and try the manuel install...there are plenty of tutorials for it! Good luck.

#4 audiophile

audiophile

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 21 May 2003 - 10:19 PM

thanks man, renaming the file worked. It didnt work in the first place because I have an old BIOS and an old chip.

#5 X-ace

X-ace

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 22 May 2003 - 12:16 AM

QUOTE (SillYcoNe @ May 21 2003, 08:22 AM)
I dunno how Slayer calls the executable for evox (xboxdash.xbe or evoxdash.xbe), this may be the problem. If your bios only boots c:xboxdash.xbe and evox dash is name for example evoxdash.xbe then your box will boot to MSdash.
The solution is to backup c:xboxdash.xbe and rename the file for evox dash to c:xboxdash.xbe.
(with a manual install you wouldn't have asked this question...)

check what your dash is called in your back up.

if you have yboxdash.xbe on there, then this is what your chip is looking for., then you should rename the evoxdash to this. Call the xboxdash for msxboxdash.xbe

If you do it manually and figure out the boot structure, then it is easier.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users