• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#16 runestar

runestar

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 12:12 PM

Actually making a chip to mod the system can be possible in short time. They just did it with the Nintendo Wii. But then nintendo is generations behind in the technology of what they put in their systems. But still a good system and fun to play. Being that it is Blu-Ray and has newer technology and get around the firmwares from finding and upgrading to stop it or block it. You would have to find a stealth way to make the chip so the firmware doesn't read the chip and lets it play.
To be honest, I don't think the firmwares will stop the potential of an iso loader. Ferrox and Paradox and the others will still be fine. We shall wait patiently for it to be released, not like there are many good games out just yet. And alot of good ones have been pushed back farther in the system. So there isn't really any rush.

#17 Mr. Aguia

Mr. Aguia

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 05:16 AM

But the drive isn't made for that. It's only made to run HD DVD movies and DVD movies etc.. it can't play games. So there is no point in burning a game to an HD DVD because #1 it's not going to help anything it would still be the same amount of information. It's like burning information from a CD and just moving the same info to a DVD does nothing but cost you more money for that blank DVD and with the HD disks running like $30 a piece it seems like a really stupid idea to just burn a regular DL DVD to a HD disk when it won't do anything at all. #2 The drive can't read it so you would have wasted all that money. The regular drive only handles regular DVD's and CD's, while the HD drive can do HD DVD movies, music etc.. and DVD movies, music etc... it can't play games.

People use DL DVD+/-r disks to backup games. They are 100% copies of the game so no more of these stupid "Is the picture quality any good?". There is no compression so it's an exact duplicate. Burning DVD's doesn't work like a VCR. It's a prefect 1 to 1 copy.

#18 MrGood

MrGood

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 08:34 AM

QUOTE(Mr. Aguia @ Mar 17 2007, 06:23 AM) View Post

Burning DVD's doesn't work like a VCR. It's a prefect 1 to 1 copy.

Its not a perfect 1:1 copy if its protected is it? If i could copy it perfectly then I wouldn't need to have a firmware hack would I? tongue.gif Think about it.

#19 unmach

unmach

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 09 April 2007 - 11:03 PM

QUOTE(calderra @ Dec 21 2006, 02:26 PM) View Post

Can't play backed up games / Can, but only on an HD-DVD

Not true

#20 gli7ch

gli7ch

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 254 posts
  • Interests:Guns, Girls, Cars and Computers
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 15 April 2007 - 04:09 PM

Wow... One of these days, I am gunna have my computer, PS3, and Xbox360 all in one box, and they will live in hacked harmony. But I think my NES will get jealous....

*Edit* Not alot of experience posters on the topic....hmmm...what does that tell ya....

Edited by gli7ch, 15 April 2007 - 04:10 PM.

#21 machineman9

machineman9

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 15 April 2007 - 07:18 PM

i hate to say this, but if you are complaining that the PS3 hasnt been hacked yet... maybe you should do it, or use google to see any WIPs

#22 Kr0n1k

Kr0n1k

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 05:47 AM

A true "hack" is allowing the system to run unsigend code, not copied code. While the PS3 allows you to use Linux, it does not allow the use of the GPU/some RAM (from what I gathered) so I would say that is what anyone that knows anything is working on right now. Just like the 360, the actual hardware security this time around is no joke, and both systems are not going to be easy to exploit, if it ever does happen. And yes, don't come on a forum and complain that it hasn't been hacked when you have done nothing and will do nothing to help.

#23 bluie

bluie

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 07:52 AM

QUOTE(peke @ Dec 17 2006, 11:25 PM) View Post

hey,

it seems like there isn't mutch research after the hacking of the ps3, just look at the 360 forum that's full of people looking for somthing and what are you people doing? nothing

don't flame me or somthing but i just wanted to say that

ps: srry for bad spelling

I'd just like to point out that this is an Xbox-forum. PS people do not come here to find out about PS3 hacks, they go to the PS3-sites.

#24 pablot

pablot

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 22 May 2007 - 02:43 PM

QUOTE(bluie @ May 22 2007, 09:28 AM) View Post

I'd just like to point out that this is an Xbox-forum. PS people do not come here to find out about PS3 hacks, they go to the PS3-sites.

wrong, this forum is part of PS3-scene that is part of scenyx.. so this IS actually the right place to discuss this

#25 chemicalthunder

chemicalthunder

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 12:55 AM

I dont think so...

We have hit the networked age and hacking a console is no longer as important as being able to play on their network. Take the 360 for example. They have implemented most things that people hacked the original xbox for - remote control turn on, visualisations, TV/ media/ picture streaming. Not that much point in making a media center 360 (apart from being a little better).

360 and playstation have are centered around their network this time around. Being banned from live basically cripples your use to playing in your lounge via system link with a friend. As they have ping limits in the games most can't play on X-Link.

Hacking = mostly piracy and cheating.

Whats the point of playing online if there are cheats and not a level playing field. I would like to see the day where a console can't be hacked. People would respect the company for making their system totally hackproof and safe.

Course people like to try to prove that you can.. but If they can't it would be the first system that hasn't been hacked.

just my 2c

#26 jude

jude

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 06:14 PM

QUOTE(chemicalthunder @ May 28 2007, 01:31 AM) View Post

I dont think so...

We have hit the networked age and hacking a console is no longer as important as being able to play on their network.

I gotta disagree with that basically because multiplayer games are really a huge waste of time, and as the ESRB notice says "It sucks, we'are sorry"

Anyway I really need a machine to output HD video to my LCD, via HDMI, preferably from the hard drive, if the PS3 can do that I would have one??? Sort of a replacement for my original Xbox but with HD.

#27 bratwurst

bratwurst

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:stuff

Posted 13 August 2007 - 08:50 PM

A few things I think that is preventing the progress of a ps3 mod is

1. Blue ray burners are still expensive ($500 - $1000)
2. Blank blue ray discs are around $20 a piece.
3. Being able to load from the hardrive is nice but if a game is 25gb and you have a stock 80gb drive, thats only about 2-3 games. (depending on what else you have on the drive)

I honsetly don't know much about the ps3, but feel that no good mod will be out until burners and discs come down in price, or I can put at least a 500gb drive in it.

#28 Mephideus

Mephideus

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 August 2007 - 05:41 PM

QUOTE(bratwurst @ Aug 13 2007, 10:26 PM) View Post

A few things I think that is preventing the progress of a ps3 mod is

1. Blue ray burners are still expensive ($500 - $1000)
2. Blank blue ray discs are around $20 a piece.
3. Being able to load from the hardrive is nice but if a game is 25gb and you have a stock 80gb drive, thats only about 2-3 games. (depending on what else you have on the drive)

1. Yes but I think people are working on other ways to do it, that bypass the need for burned blu-ray discs
2. See answer 1
3. You wouldn't have to use your stock PS3 HD, mods (like team Xecuters Hyperdrive) have been made that allow you to connect any 3,5" SATA harddrive to your PS3 easily and conveniently.

All wishful thinking of course, as there is no hack or chip available for the PS3 yet.

#29 SpiderX1016

SpiderX1016

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 271 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 28 August 2007 - 01:05 AM

If it was Firmware wise, I'd do it but if it's a Chip that requires opening the PS3 then I'm not going to mess with it. I want to keep my warranty and not have it f up like my 360 did hence the reason I got a PS3.

#30 tfox2k1

tfox2k1

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 01:16 PM

You should work at the ability to spell at a fourth grade level before whining about the lack of PS3 mods.

I think no mods yet because so few PS3s sold. Besided what games would you backup? They are all shit currently.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users