12 replies to this topic

#1 jbaruch76

jbaruch76

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 126 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 11:16 PM

hey everyone, i know most of you will probably tell me to do a search or somethign like that but everything is so cluttered. i'm just lookign for some people to help explain to me how to do what i want. i have a windows xp media center pc and a xbox 360. i would want to be able to make backups of my games and play them preferably from my pc's hard drive, but i'm not even sure if that's possible, but if not i'd like to be able to put them onto a dvd. i would also like to be able to backup my game saves onto my pc. so i'm just wondering if anyone could try to start me off or at least give me some links that might help me out. thanks.

#2 dark0

dark0

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 17 December 2006 - 11:20 PM

Click the Tutorials link on the main page.

#3 ade_dnb

ade_dnb

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 17 December 2006 - 11:29 PM

QUOTE(jbaruch76 @ Dec 17 2006, 10:23 PM) View Post

hey everyone, i know most of you will probably tell me to do a search or somethign like that but everything is so cluttered. i'm just lookign for some people to help explain to me how to do what i want. i have a windows xp media center pc and a xbox 360. i would want to be able to make backups of my games and play them preferably from my pc's hard drive, but i'm not even sure if that's possible, but if not i'd like to be able to put them onto a dvd. i would also like to be able to backup my game saves onto my pc. so i'm just wondering if anyone could try to start me off or at least give me some links that might help me out. thanks.

Ok first of all a search would of helped you out better and there is also a tutorials link on the main x-scene page but here it goes anyway. Just a side note here........ You will most proberley need sata connection on your PC whether it be PCI card or onboard.

You can't play your games from the harddrive yet, only from DL discs (dual layer). To do this you first need to flash your dvd drives firmware. Read through HERE to find out how to do it.

That link also has info on how to rip and burn your games as well.

To copy your game saves onto your PC you need to connect ur HDD to your PC (obviosly). To do this you either have to buy a connectivity kit from Team Executer or open the thing up and connect your sata cable to it. Read through the forums to get more info on it. Theres a prog that you use to access the data on it but im not sure wqhat its called.

#4 jbaruch76

jbaruch76

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 126 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 11:33 PM

so does that mean i don't need a modchip to play backed up games? and i'm such a newb that i dont' even know what sata is, i know it's some kind of connection but that's it. and i wouldn't be able to play backed up games on xbox live right?
also thank you for helping me out, the tutorials are good, but not when i don't even know whtat i'm doing

#5 ade_dnb

ade_dnb

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 11:43 PM

QUOTE(jbaruch76 @ Dec 17 2006, 10:40 PM) View Post

so does that mean i don't need a modchip to play backed up games? and i'm such a newb that i dont' even know what sata is, i know it's some kind of connection but that's it. and i wouldn't be able to play backed up games on xbox live right?
also thank you for helping me out, the tutorials are good, but not when i don't even know whtat i'm doing

Don't worry about it. Everybody's gott start somewhere...........

A "modchip" isint required but they can be used as another option so you basically have two options.

1. Flash your Dvd drive with a hacked firmware to allow booting of backup games or

2. Install a modchip to the dvd drive to do the same.

Its completly up to you which you do. If you can't solder, don't get the chip or send it off for somebody els to do. If you don't know much about Pc's, smae apply's.

Just so you know SATA (Serial ATA) is what the 360 uses on its DVD and HDD drives. There alot smaller and easier to work with. To be able to use them you need to have the correct connections on your PC.

About LIVE. You should read THIS.

#6 jbaruch76

jbaruch76

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 126 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 11:55 PM

thank you very much, i came across the x360usb it seems like it is something i would be able to use to flash my firmware without having to open my case or anything, will this item alone allow me to flash my drives and play backups?

#7 ade_dnb

ade_dnb

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 12:00 AM

QUOTE(jbaruch76 @ Dec 17 2006, 11:02 PM) View Post

thank you very much, i came across the x360usb it seems like it is something i would be able to use to flash my firmware without having to open my case or anything, will this item alone allow me to flash my drives and play backups?

If your've got an Hitachi then yes that ahould work but you still have to open you box up to get to the drive.

#8 jbaruch76

jbaruch76

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 126 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 12:05 AM

well actually my dvd drive just died so i will be sendign it in to xbox for a new one. do you know what drive is being shipped currently?

#9 ade_dnb

ade_dnb

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 12:09 AM

QUOTE(jbaruch76 @ Dec 17 2006, 11:12 PM) View Post

well actually my dvd drive just died so i will be sendign it in to xbox for a new one. do you know what drive is being shipped currently?

Bummer about the drive. Which drive youl get is like shagging a hooker. You don't know what your gonna get laugh.gif laugh.gif

#10 jbaruch76

jbaruch76

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 126 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 04:10 PM

so when my new xbox arrives i will need to find out what drive it is and then go on from there. i have one question though, let's say i am playing a backup game on my 360 which will have its firmware modded. i want to make sure that nothing happens with my live account so i would not keep my 360 connected while playing a backup, but if i stop playing the backup, switch the firmware back and reconnect to live my achievements and whatnot would get updated. can ms tell anything when that happens?

#11 ade_dnb

ade_dnb

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 05:56 PM

QUOTE(jbaruch76 @ Dec 18 2006, 03:17 PM) View Post

so when my new xbox arrives i will need to find out what drive it is and then go on from there. i have one question though, let's say i am playing a backup game on my 360 which will have its firmware modded. i want to make sure that nothing happens with my live account so i would not keep my 360 connected while playing a backup, but if i stop playing the backup, switch the firmware back and reconnect to live my achievements and whatnot would get updated. can ms tell anything when that happens?

Thats a question that can't be answered.......... In short.. nobody knows.

#12 jbaruch76

jbaruch76

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 126 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 07:24 PM

so there's nothing i can do to keep my flashed drive hidden?

#13 ade_dnb

ade_dnb

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 07:34 PM

QUOTE(jbaruch76 @ Dec 18 2006, 06:31 PM) View Post

so there's nothing i can do to keep my flashed drive hidden?

Well really we don't even know if they can even tell if somebody has got a flashed drive or not and we won't know untill the banning starts, if it starts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users