Photo

Anyone Has The Detail Instruction For Flash 0078 Drive?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 hongcheung

hongcheung

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 12:11 AM

I just got my xbox360, its a hitachi drive, manfaturing date 8/23/06. i believe its a 0078 drive.

I know nth about flash the hard drive. how to open the case, how to connect the drive to computer. how to flash it?

Can anyone tell me how to do that???

#2 mianus

mianus

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 18 December 2006 - 03:41 AM

read more, post less.

#3 ade_dnb

ade_dnb

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 18 December 2006 - 09:46 AM

QUOTE(mianus @ Dec 18 2006, 02:48 AM) View Post

read more, post less.

Agreed.

QUOTE(Textbook @ Dec 17 2006, 05:14 PM) View Post

Use Slax 2. This updated version by Probutus includes support for a much greater range of chipsets, including the VIA cards. It also supports SATA > USB adaptors. If you are using onboard SATA, make sure RAID is disabled in your BIOS. Slax 2 works much better than Slax 1, and it's faster! The Slax download is an ISO image file, you can burn it with any ISO Image burning software like Nero or IMGBurn. The Slax disc is a bootable Linux disc, that needs to be put in your PC drive, not the Xbox 360 Hitachi drive. With both the Xbox 360 and PC powered off, hook up both power and video cables to the Xbox 360, and ensure a ground between the Xbox 360 and your PC. Hook up the Hitachi drive via a SATA cable. Boot up your PC and boot from the Slax CD. As soon as you see the Slax cloverleaf, power on your Xbox 360. (hurry, it doesn't stay there long) Let Slax go. If you get "Spinning Up Disc.." then eject the Hitachi drive and it will continue. When you reach the login screen for Slax do the following.

To verify that your drive is in ModeB, one of the following must be happening:

1. The drive takes two presses of the eject button to open/close.
2. When closing the drive using the eject button, the drive tray will auto-eject back open a few seconds later.

Once you have verified the drive is in ModeB, restart your PC, eject the Slax disc, and let it boot. When it gets to the Windows loading bar, eject the Hitachi drive open and closed a few times so that Windows will recognize the drive. When you first get Windows loaded, check device manager (CD/DVD Drives) before anything else. If you see your drive in there, good.

1. Open 360 Firmware Toolbox v3.0
2. Tools > Direct Drive Dump (GDR Only)
3. Choose your DVD drive from the drop-down list (there should only be one)
4. Click the button labeled "RAW Dump Firmware As ..."
5. Save the original firmware as original.bin somewhere safe
6. It will tell you that the firmware has been dumped and ask if you want to open it, select "Yes"
7. Make sure everything looks pretty normal, nothing out of the ordinary
8. Go to Tools > Smart Hack Patcher
9. Read the warning and then accept it
10. On the line labelled "output file" click the box to the right with the ellipsis (three dots) and save your output file as hacked.bin
11. Make sure the rule set is for Hitachi v78 drives
12. Hit "Generate File"
13. Again, it will ask if you want to open the firmware, select "Yes"
14. Go to Tools > Direct Drive Flash (GDR Only)
15. Select Differential Flash (PATCH)
16. Select your Hitachi DVD drive from the drop-down list
17. Hit "Read Drive and Detect Differences"
18. Select "Start Flashing" and wait for it to finish (very fast)
19. Test it all out
20. Donate to Maximus if it worked

Don't forget to plug that small black sata cable back in so your Hitachi drive is actually connected to the Xbox 360 motherboard! Also, make sure you power-cycle the system twice after flashing. I'm not sure if this version has the "ModeB on Open Tray" but if it does, it means that you will have to power-cycle twice after flashing the first time. This is because you probably flashed the drive with it open, and when you powered it off the first time, the tray remained open. Then, when you power back up, it will be in ModeB because of the ModeB on Open Tray. So.. you have to power cycle again to go back to normal mode.

Slax 2 does work with SATA > USB adapters, and yes, you can use pretty much any generic no-name cheapo SATA > USB adapter. I got one off ebay for $17 shipped and I used it last week on my laptop to flash two Hitachi 47 drives. Works great with Slax 2 and was able to flash both drives just fine.

#4 splodger

splodger

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 08:48 PM

QUOTE(ade_dnb @ Dec 18 2006, 08:53 AM) View Post

Agreed.

following this to the letter , but when i get to point 4 (RAW Dump firm as.....) i am asked to insert disc ? any pointers PLEASE blink.gif as this is not mentioned ! seen vid on poo tube , an also not mentioned ? please elp

#5 vinomarky

vinomarky

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 349 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 07 January 2007 - 08:54 PM

Try the updated guide;
http://www.360mods.n...ails/id=61.html

#6 splodger

splodger

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 08:58 PM

Agreed.

following this to the letter , but when i get to point 4 (RAW Dump firm as.....) i am asked to insert disc ? any pointers PLEASE blink.gif as this is not mentioned ! seen vid on poo tube , an also not mentioned ? please elp

#7 splodger

splodger

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 12:06 AM

QUOTE(vinomarky @ Jan 7 2007, 08:01 PM) View Post

cheers fah dah pointer but links bad , ole chapie

beerendeium backus noiseass

Agreed.

I nah i must be doing sumit wrong :blink:when i get to point 4an click (raw dump ) i get a box telling me to insert game or movie disc ? any pointers , please tiz 0078 wink.gif sad.gif mad.gif blink.gif unsure.gif uhh.gif

#8 jameswalter

jameswalter

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,881 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 08 January 2007 - 12:24 AM

1) STOP POSTING NEWBIE QUESTIONS IN A TECHNICAL FORUM
2) READ THE DAMN PINNED TOPICS FOR LINKS TO THE TUTORIALS (http://www.360mods.n...al/Textbook.pdf)
3) READ THE DAMN TUTORIAL, AS IT STATES YOU NEED TO INSERT A MOVIE OR GAME DVD.
4) DO NOT POST UNTIL YOU HAVE DONE AT LEAST A LITTLE RESEARCH, YOU TUBE VIDEO DOESN'T COUNT, THAT IS WHY PEOPLE MAKE WRITTEN TUTORIALS, AND VIDEO SUPPLEMENTS.

CLOSED: CAN'T READ TUTORIALS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users