#1 Seina

Seina

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:none

Posted 18 December 2006 - 12:28 PM

Sorry if this is not supposed to go in to the TSOP forum.

Xbox version: 1.0
TSOP: ST

Today I soldered the points on the top and bottom of the motherboard to enable me to flash the TSOP, the ones in the tutorial pictures. The points seem to be both connected with a small bit of solder not overlapping anything else. Now, when I plug in the power cord and push the button to turn it on, all it does is make the GPU fan turn for a second without turning on the light. It does this whether the DVD-ROM and hard drive are connected or not. The LED doesn't turn on anymore.

Is it the TSOP? The points look well connected. I'll redo them if I have to.

Is the the power supply? When I take the cord out, the fan doesn't turn anymore. When I plug it back in, it makes the fan turn for a second when I turn it on. It doesn't seem to be just left over power that's making it turn. The cords all seem to be securely in place too.

Maybe I knocked a piece off by accident. I don't know. I've tried searching through threads and haven't found anyone with the same problem.

#2 JrracinFan8

JrracinFan8

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 18 December 2006 - 04:13 PM

I dont know, but it sound like to me that you knocked something loose like a capacitor. Or possibly even broke a trace to the p/e.

Just my 2 cents, maybe try posting this in general hardware or request this post to be moved.

#3 StrictPuppet

StrictPuppet

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,296 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 19 December 2006 - 01:11 AM

Sounds like you have caused some damage somewhere. Make sure the resistor is still intact @R7D2 on the top and @R7R3 on the bottom side. Also check to make sure you didn't drop a small blob of solder anywhere else on the board, shorting something.

#4 sentinel0

sentinel0

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 19 December 2006 - 02:19 AM

Try unplugging power cord then press power button to release the charge then plug back in. I would also remove the solder bridges and see if can boot.

#5 darkman90

darkman90

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 04:33 PM

QUOTE(StrictPuppet @ Dec 18 2006, 07:11 PM) View Post

Sounds like you have caused some damage somewhere. Make sure the resistor is still intact @R7D2 on the top and @R7R3 on the bottom side. Also check to make sure you didn't drop a small blob of solder anywhere else on the board, shorting something.

Hi,

I know this is an old topic, But I think I destroyed the resistor @R7D2 on the top and am having the same problem. Is the ohm low enough that I can add a blob of solder there too, or am I totally screwed and need a new motherboard?

Darkman,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users