What Ya Think?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 rdzxbox

rdzxbox

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:Xbox,My Truck(Silverado SS), Cars especially Corvettes,Music(Jazz,Latin,Hip-Hop,Rap,),Sports,DCI
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:none

Posted 19 December 2006 - 03:27 AM

Ok this is my first LED Mod, And i have to thank the Scene for helping me out biggrin.gif Thanks Guys
I think it turned out preaty darn good, I got all of my material from Radio Shack and whata ya know it as soon as i got there an employee came up to me and asked me if he could assist in any way. I tol him what i needed, he asked what kind of project im doing, I said my Xbox and To find out, He's Done 6?! So yeah he said he's modded 6 xbox's you knonw chip and stuff,so it was cool to have his help, He said he's been on Xbox Scene so if your out there Bud, Much Thanks biggrin.gif

Now i should stop ranting and let yall see some pics eh?
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

Let me know what ya think biggrin.gif

#2 ijsolid

ijsolid

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 19 December 2006 - 03:45 AM

radio shack leds suck tongue.gif

#3 rdzxbox

rdzxbox

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:Xbox,My Truck(Silverado SS), Cars especially Corvettes,Music(Jazz,Latin,Hip-Hop,Rap,),Sports,DCI

Posted 19 December 2006 - 03:52 AM

QUOTE(ijsolid @ Dec 18 2006, 08:52 PM) View Post

radio shack leds suck tongue.gif

Nah these worked out great, there plenty bright for me biggrin.gif

#4 jeesusfreek

jeesusfreek

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 19 December 2006 - 05:05 AM

cuts are weak - not straight, messy, black showing through, get the front cut parallel with the front of the box.... wayy too few LED's....skip the radioshack LED's...they're 700-2000mcd..crap..., find some supplier that will send you 20,000+mcd led's...only way it'll look decent..i use the ones from my business...all rated at 20,000mcd...

something on top of the part of the dvd drive...somethin that looks like...idk, foam maybe?

you missed a corner of the dvd drive cut, front left corner of your box...

2 led's in window - weak. not bright at all.. you can see the LED's ... big no no...

no clear jewel?

paint job is sloppy - where the black meets the white, you can see where white was spilled...all over the black...looks messy...

i'd call a do over. or at least attempt a fixer-upper...

sorry, you:
QUOTE(rdzxbox)
Let me know what ya think

i did...

Edited by jeesusfreek, 19 December 2006 - 05:05 AM.

#5 logic02004

logic02004

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 471 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 19 December 2006 - 06:28 AM

paint the dvd bezel white and make your window have parallel edges to the box, you will also want to back up the leds so they are not able to be seen in the future and it will be lovable lol.

#6 rdzxbox

rdzxbox

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 19 December 2006 - 11:12 PM

QUOTE(jeesusfreek @ Dec 18 2006, 10:12 PM) View Post

cuts are weak - not straight, messy, black showing through, get the front cut parallel with the front of the box.... wayy too few LED's....skip the radioshack LED's...they're 700-2000mcd..crap..., find some supplier that will send you 20,000+mcd led's...only way it'll look decent..i use the ones from my business...all rated at 20,000mcd...

something on top of the part of the dvd drive...somethin that looks like...idk, foam maybe?

you missed a corner of the dvd drive cut, front left corner of your box...

2 led's in window - weak. not bright at all.. you can see the LED's ... big no no...

no clear jewel?

paint job is sloppy - where the black meets the white, you can see where white was spilled...all over the black...looks messy...

i'd call a do over. or at least attempt a fixer-upper...

sorry, you:

i did...

First of it was my first ever paint job so i think it looks great, im not totaly done with the LED's, The Led's are bright enough trust me, Yes paint did run where the black meets the white, but then again its my first paint job ever, And the Jewel is Clear? Are you blind or something?

#7 jimbobjim

jimbobjim

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts
  • Interests:Sniffing farts under the covers.
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 19 December 2006 - 11:53 PM

QUOTE(rdzxbox @ Dec 19 2006, 10:19 PM) View Post

First of it was my first ever paint job so i think it looks great, im not totaly done with the LED's, The Led's are bright enough trust me, Yes paint did run where the black meets the white, but then again its my first paint job ever, And the Jewel is Clear? Are you blind or something?

NO, but i suspect you are, it is obviously white, a clear jewel is when you have used a hole cutter. You can't just sit it on top of the case and call it clear.
NOT BAD FOR A FIRST GO

#8 MikeFez

MikeFez

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 244 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 20 December 2006 - 12:06 AM

QUOTE(jimbobjim @ Dec 19 2006, 06:00 PM) View Post

NO, but i suspect you are, it is obviously white, a clear jewel is when you have used a hole cutter. You can't just sit it on top of the case and call it clear.
NOT BAD FOR A FIRST GO

PWNED.

Haha, I agree, you cant just put it there, it looks like crap. Put a cathode ring around it once you cut the hole and you are good to go

#9 logic02004

logic02004

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 471 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 20 December 2006 - 12:09 AM

i actually like the look a clear jewel presents on a white background

#10 jimbobjim

jimbobjim

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts
  • Interests:Sniffing farts under the covers.
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 20 December 2006 - 12:25 AM

QUOTE(logic02004 @ Dec 19 2006, 11:16 PM) View Post

i actually like the look a clear jewel presents on a white background

I like WHITE jewels, but not ones that have been cleared then placed on a sprayed white xbox, don't forget, that part of the case has some ugly looking protrusions that look like this > 0 < (or something like)

Edited by jimbobjim, 20 December 2006 - 12:26 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users