#1 Chainer

Chainer

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 19 December 2006 - 05:33 PM

Alright,ive been tryin to mod San Andreas for a couple of days now..I was tryin to use some weapon mods,i went through all the step on z28's car tutorial,but for weapons.Got everything replaced,rebuilt the archive(the iso program),and changed the text file (american.gxt) and the weapons file (weapons.dat).Whenever i start it,it always freezes when its 'Loading Data",even if the cache is cleared..Please help.

#2 82_Z28

82_Z28

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts
  • Interests:messing with xboxes and cars
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 21 December 2006 - 07:23 PM

its hard to tell what is causeing the crash.
my advice is to install one part of a mod at a time. and more importantly, backup files, and test test test each time you add on some new modification. that way you can isolate the problem and fix it easier.

yes it takes longer this way, but if you want to install that many mods at once, its necessary.

you can either try to back track, uninstalling one mod at a time, or start fresh.

also, one thing to try is start the game up via the dvd, and make your last save point in another area as sometimes that's what makes it crash.

#3 Chainer

Chainer

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 22 December 2006 - 12:02 AM

Thanks for the help man.I got it to work last night.Im thinking it wouldnt work cause i kept tryin to use a 2.0 save on patched v1.0.Nice choice with the car man..I woulda gone with an earlier model though,60's.

Edited by Chainer, 22 December 2006 - 12:02 AM.

#4 82_Z28

82_Z28

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts
  • Interests:messing with xboxes and cars
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 22 December 2006 - 07:20 AM

Nice choice with the car man..I woulda gone with an earlier model though,60's.

a 68 SS is my dream car but WAY expensive. I got my Z28 for $1500 and it serves me well smile.gif

Im thinking it wouldnt work cause i kept tryin to use a 2.0 save on patched v1.0

theres a reason why that crashes. rockstar made it so v1.0 game saves can only be played on v1.0 xbes and 2.0 with 2.0 xbes. The patch you installed made your xbe pretty much identical to a v1.0 xbe so, aside from a few differences with the gta3.img file (and a few other things i forget) your basicly using a v1.0 setup now.

#5 pimp4life

pimp4life

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 December 2006 - 01:15 AM

how do u ftp to ur xbox? I know the rest and everything

#6 Half_life_2_Mods_noob

Half_life_2_Mods_noob

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 08:25 AM

did u did some projectile swaps on the weapons tell me how u make it work cuz it freezes when i pick the weapon

#7 jasa07

jasa07

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 08:45 AM

just read cmaro boys favourite tutorial.

http://forums.xbox-s...t...8&t=105495#

read down on that page unitil you find it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users