• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 cameronreilly

cameronreilly

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 06:52 AM

Okay - this morning I foolishly installed XBMC 2.0.1 onto my modded box, copying the new files over to the F: drive (where the old files were). Now, when I try to boot the box, the Microsoft XBOX boot sequence happens but then the screen goes blank.

A friend suggested I needed to use a boot disc. So I've spent all day burning Evox and even Manzzon.com_xbox_installer_2006-12-12 discs. But the same thing happens every time - it won't boot from the disc. It just goes blank. Then I eject the DVD drive and it re-boots.

Any suggestions much appreciated!

#2 skyzerr33

skyzerr33

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 20 December 2006 - 10:43 AM

get the latest evox make sure you rename the xbe file to default.xbe
make an iso image with all the dash files in a folder with qwix then it should boot to evox on startup

Why did you copy xbmc to F drive? extract the xbmc folder from the .rar
you downloaded to your desktop the ftp the xbmc folder to E:\Apps

what is your main dash?

wooohoooo 600th post!!!!

Edited by skyzerr33, 20 December 2006 - 10:43 AM.

#3 cameronreilly

cameronreilly

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 11:10 AM

Okay I'm going to try to decipher what you said into english but thanks! I'll give the evox another go.

I copied xbmc to the F drive cuz that's where the other XBMC was, which stretches back to where the guy who chipped my box put it, I guess.

#4 cameronreilly

cameronreilly

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 11:41 AM

ok, I dl'd EvoX build 3935, changed the xbe to "default.xbe" and made an iso dvd using xISO.

Threw it in my XBOX, re-booted, and it still gets as far as they big green XBOX logo then goes dark.

And sorry, to answer your earlier question, my main dash before this was just the XBMC dash. Not sure what it was called.

Any other suggestions as to how I get the boot disc working?

thanks.

#5 cameronreilly

cameronreilly

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 08:54 PM

oh and I figured out too that my primary dash is xecuter 2. At least that's what appears under the xbox logo when it boots up in modded mode.

I know I had dvd autoplay turned off in the settings - is that possibly why the boot disc doesn't run? Is there anyway to get into the settings to change that when I can't even boot?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users