• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Underdawg_1009

Underdawg_1009

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 04:58 PM

Ok Ive read through the forums and from what I see no one seems to be having this issue, so maybe someone can help.

Ive got the 78fk drive hooked up to my sata pci card (6421 chipset)
I boot up with slax 2.0 and when I get to the cloverleaf screen I power on 360.
Screen finishes loading and then it goes black. No menus at all (textbooks guide says there is supposed to be one after slax is done loading)
Drive is apparently in modeB though b/c it takes the disc tray 2 clicks to close and then wont stay closed (screen still blank)
Reset PC and I take out slax cd so it boots to windows.
Goes through BIOS and starts to boot but again screen goes black (No Windows Loading screen)
So I waited a while... and still nothing.

I tried this for about 4 hours last nite and then I gave up.

Anyone got any ideas on how I might be able to fix this? Ive flashed an ms25 and ms28 drive with no problems so Im not new to flashing. but this one is just a pain in the neck now.

#2 Gazcoigne

Gazcoigne

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 568 posts
  • Interests:Computer and console modification and customisation<br />Mechanical Engineering<br />Sports
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 20 December 2006 - 05:07 PM

ive found that slax has never worked for my 6421L card. it hangs on the sata bios screen. as the 78 requires slax for modeb i am not sure how you will get around this without havuing to do it on another machine with a different chipset.

#3 Underdawg_1009

Underdawg_1009

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 05:10 PM

from what ive read the VIA chipsets work for slax 2 and not ver 1.x. However SIL chipsets dont work for slax 2.

#4 Underdawg_1009

Underdawg_1009

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 06:18 PM

anyone? please I really need help on this.

#5 chelseaboy36

chelseaboy36

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 06:30 PM

QUOTE(Underdawg_1009 @ Dec 20 2006, 05:25 PM) View Post

anyone? please I really need help on this.

With my VT6421a I attached my drive to my PC and booted both the PC and 360 at the same time into SLAX. Then I restarted my PC and took out the SATA cable going into the 360 drive until windows had loaded up. Once windows loaded I attached the SATA cable and open toolbox 3. I tried to read the firmware but it gave me an error so I tapped eject twice then inserted a movie then tapped eject 3 times to keep it shut. After 20 seconds it would allow me to read it. Let me know how you get on. Thanks.

#6 Underdawg_1009

Underdawg_1009

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 07:59 PM

thanks for the advice. Ill try this when I get home and Ill let you know how it goes.

#7 vinomarky

vinomarky

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 349 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 20 December 2006 - 08:28 PM

Yes, as far as getting windows to boot, I had the same problem and found that I had to disconnect the sata cable until it is past the bios check and well into loading windows

#8 davuk

davuk

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 10:48 PM

Same as above posts, disconnect SATA drive cable. till you see windows boot up screen, my bios doesnt like hitachi drive. SATA is hot swappable. I'm using Newlink PCI sata card, but I cant get the Toolbox to work for me yet. Just locks my system(S), I've tried 2 now, hope its just a quick software fix. I was devastated to find I had a 78 drive.

GRR m$

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users