8 replies to this topic

#1 crossovershake

crossovershake

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 21 May 2003 - 06:11 PM

Ok, I went to edit my menu.ini file to add "skin" to it. (you know, the folder) I put it the wrong spot...i think. After I put it in.......I rebooted and now all it does is reboot. It gets to the xbox screen and then reboots. Am I screwed? Now I can't connect to my xbox with my computer. I put in my evolution x disk that I burned and it won't load up cause it just reboots. I am going crazy!!!!! I just got this thing working today and now this! Can anyone help me? I would really appreciate it.

#2 Killa_T

Killa_T

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 0 posts

Posted 21 May 2003 - 09:15 PM

Sorry to say, really, but you are fucked. The only thing to really do is to either install a new mod chip and re-flash (do it right), or borrow someones and flash it.

Good Luck

#3 crossovershake

crossovershake

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 21 May 2003 - 10:06 PM

Do I have to just reflash my modchip, or get another modchip? Also, will that work since the changes I made to the menu.ini file will still be on the harddrive? How does it work? Does it change the settings back when flashed?

#4 X-ace

X-ace

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 21 May 2003 - 11:50 PM

which chip do you have?

Sounds odd that by changing the ini file you have upset the bios on chip. When you try to reboot from DVD, do you put the disc in, turn off and then turn on again?

menu.ini? You using an old version of evox?

#5 crossovershake

crossovershake

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 22 May 2003 - 12:20 AM

I'm using the apple-x2 chip. The version of evox is v1.8_458. I put in any cd in the drive and turn it on and it gets to the very end of the xbox logo and then the system reboots everytime. If there was just some way I could get to the "c" drive of my xbox to edit that file again. Or at least put it back to the way it was. This sucks, There must be something I can do.........any suggestions?

#6 silentkiller

silentkiller

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 22 May 2003 - 12:25 AM

Dang! use a newer evox! that version's ancient jester.gif

sorry I couldn't help you with your problem, it's weird that adding something to the INI would do something to the bios. I'd say borrow someone else's chip and hot-swap flash yours.

#7 crossovershake

crossovershake

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 22 May 2003 - 12:32 AM

I have the xecuter lite chip coming soon. If I replace the apple chip that's already in there, with the x2 lite chip, which has a different bios (cromwell 1.8 I believe) will that solve my problem? And I checked everywhere for the newest version of evox and that's all I found. Anyways.....right now the problem is my xbox rebooting over and over again. Anyone have any ideas?

#8 crossovershake

crossovershake

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 22 May 2003 - 01:07 AM

so if I install the x2 lite which already has the cromwell bios on it, will that solve my problem?? Cause It will be a different bios then what's already there? I just wanna know if this is a problem that can be fixed without having to buy another xbox. Does anyone know the answer to that? I would appreciate any help you can offer.

#9 X-ace

X-ace

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 22 May 2003 - 01:33 AM

a new chip will fix the issue.
you will of course have to flas this again unless you only plan on running Linux...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users