oZKa

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 22 December 2006 - 07:39 PM

Alright well ive had my console since April of this year, and never had the 3 red lights or any "abnormal" signs of failure. Never overheated nothing. Yesterday I got THP8 and played for a while and for some reason it just froze like after 2 hrs of play. Ive played gears and halo2 for more than 4 hrs and it never froze. Now it freezes with whatever game after an hour or so. What could be the damn problem?

#2 jabroniekilla

jabroniekilla

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,008 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 22 December 2006 - 08:00 PM

you are probably getting some overheating of the GPU. I would suggest bringing it back if you have an extended warranty, if not, you could try applying artic silver to the cpu and gpu.

#3 spinr34

spinr34

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 22 December 2006 - 08:16 PM

that game is known to freeze. so it probably isn't your console.

#4 hakaveli

hakaveli

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 23 December 2006 - 12:01 AM

QUOTE(spinr34 @ Dec 22 2006, 11:23 AM) View Post

that game is known to freeze. so it probably isn't your console.

tsk tsk tsk what a shame... you can type but you cant read. HE SAID IT FREEZES ON EVERY GAME.

#5 thebroken

thebroken

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 964 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 23 December 2006 - 05:26 AM

I had the same problem with THP8 I think the game just has a few glitches. And the 360s are fine. If it was over heating not just one game would do it. I would imagine all games would cause the system to over heat. But I don't claim to know anything about the dilemma at hand.

#6 Knasen

Knasen

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 23 December 2006 - 02:30 PM

If every game is starting to freeze randomly it sure does sund like a heat problem. Have you moved your xbox recently, to another place ? I mean perhaps placed it inside a cupboard or a TV bench with glass doors (that keeps the heat inside the furniture). Try put your console on the floor without any obstacles around it and play and see if it stops freezing. If not, you might consider putting arctic silver or similar below the processors as others mentioned.

Edited by Knasen, 23 December 2006 - 02:30 PM.

#7 Honda CRV

Honda CRV

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 December 2006 - 03:52 PM

I got my 360 last Dec 2 at Costco. I played it occasionaly not longer than an hour or 2 then yesterday it suddenly wont access the hard drive and game crashes. So i send it back to Costco got a refund then got a new 360. When I hooked it up at home i played for about 5 minutes of NFS most wanted it crashes again wont save games in the hard drive and worst the DVD ROM will not read any of the games. I am really dissapointed. I am going back to Costco again and make a replacement for the 3rd time. If this time will have problems again then its PS 3 for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users