dynt

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 23 December 2006 - 06:45 AM

I would like to start by stateing this was not caused by a bad flash, the eject function and motor that spin the disc have stopped working i think its down to a power surge problem caused by a secondary fan which takes a in line power feed to the dvd drive.
Both the eject motor and spin disc motor still work if power is put to them directly.

My question is what part of the dvd mb controls this function and can it be replaced or repaired in any way

#2 metaphaze

metaphaze

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 143 posts

Posted 23 December 2006 - 08:09 AM

QUOTE(dynt @ Dec 22 2006, 11:52 PM) View Post

I would like to start by stateing this was not caused by a bad flash, the eject function and motor that spin the disc have stopped working i think its down to a power surge problem caused by a secondary fan which takes a in line power feed to the dvd drive.
Both the eject motor and spin disc motor still work if power is put to them directly.

My question is what part of the dvd mb controls this function and can it be replaced or repaired in any way

Dosn't sound like a bad flash, I agree. Your best bet is to send it back to Microsoft with a check for $140.00.

#3 dynt

dynt

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 23 December 2006 - 08:35 AM

point 1 no warranty
point 2 why when i can get a replacement dvd drive for 80 bucks would i give microsoft 150

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users