8 replies to this topic

#1 daghostmon

daghostmon

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 25 December 2006 - 04:36 AM

I have a problem playing gears of war where it will glitch and the screen will freeze for a millisecond and sometimes 1 second when theres alot of action happening on the screen then it will continue to play. Its never frooze up completely or needed a reboot yet. I've searched and haven't seen any posts about this. This is my second new 360 and this ones only a few days old and I'm worried. I'm thinking of taking it back day after christmas for an exchange. Is this a known problem with this game?

#2 ijsolid

ijsolid

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 25 December 2006 - 04:41 AM

it happens to me 2 but only when ive played for like an hour or so....prolly it has to do with the gpu overheatin or sumthin tongue.gif

#3 Tiuk

Tiuk

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 452 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 25 December 2006 - 04:42 PM

My friend and I played through the game in one sitting, the console was on for at least 10 hours (probably about 8 hours of actual play time). Didn't have anything like that happen.

#4 bigjimmy

bigjimmy

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 25 December 2006 - 11:04 PM

Sometimes momentary freezes happen because the console is loading data. This can potentially happen if the disc is scratched, resulting in the console taking longer to load the data, which also causes the console to take longer to display the data ,which can cause short freezes.

The other thing that it may be is that you 360 is on its way out orsomething......but lets hope for your sake that isnt the case.

#5 daghostmon

daghostmon

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 26 December 2006 - 02:40 AM

My disk is in perfect shape. I think the gpu or dvd drive is having problems keeping up to speed. I'm gonna try to take it back.

#6 CKwik240

CKwik240

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 10:45 AM

My girlfriend and I have been playing GOW recently, each on our own 360's. Her's has been having this momentary lag issue occassionally. It's also been having intermittent issues with a disc read error. So perhaps it might be an issue related to an ailing drive. It might be coincidence, but other games and movies are having issues loading intermittently as well (dvd-drive tray won't stay shut and is probably doing so due to a disc read error). Neither console is modded and both games are originals. I don't have a solution, but thought I'd add some of my observations. My 360 runs the game perfectly and has had no drive errors as well.

#7 kics

kics

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 27 December 2006 - 05:30 PM

i noticed in co-op mode after 12-13 hrs of straight gameplay but only in one screen (till i finished the game - it was long cause my GF wanted to play and she doesnt know how to)... BTW the xbox didnt get hot, my cell phone gets hotter than that machine.... smile.gif

#8 Navillos

Navillos

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,316 posts
  • Interests:I like breaking shit!
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 27 December 2006 - 08:16 PM

QUOTE(daghostmon @ Dec 24 2006, 09:43 PM) View Post

I have a problem playing gears of war where it will glitch and the screen will freeze for a millisecond and sometimes 1 second when theres alot of action happening on the screen then it will continue to play. Its never frooze up completely or needed a reboot yet. I've searched and haven't seen any posts about this. This is my second new 360 and this ones only a few days old and I'm worried. I'm thinking of taking it back day after christmas for an exchange. Is this a known problem with this game?

i had the exact same problem, i made my own intercooler from 2 80mm fans. havent seen it again
mine was like 2-3 months old

#9 sabbath_dude

sabbath_dude

X-S Hacker

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,288 posts
  • Interests:Xbox, Rock music, Beer
  • Xbox Version:v1.6c
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 27 December 2006 - 08:55 PM

I noticed mine doing it the very first time I used my 360 and loaded up GoW. I was worried I'd bought a faulty unit because on the first level of the game it would freeze up for a split second and kept going a bit little glitchy. 2 weeks on and havn't seen it happen since. I'm guessing the 360 was just bedding in or something.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users