5 replies to this topic

#1 hakaveli

hakaveli

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 25 December 2006 - 10:31 PM

i have a month trial of gold membership. first player controller i sign on my profile with live account. second controller i press Y to choose GUEST but there is no GUEST profile.. i see CONTROLLER 2 (which is a profile i made for the second controller) but using this profile doesnt let my friend on as a guest.. i dont undersstand how i get the GUEST option....

#2 Foe-hammer

Foe-hammer

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, body building, video games
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 26 December 2006 - 06:09 AM

I hear you. The ‘guest’ option is unintuitive as hell.

What you have to do is go into the xbl MP game options, and the ‘Y’ button will switch to: ‘guest’. Press ‘Y’ and only select the ‘guest’ profile; if you select another profile it will not work.

#3 Obveron

Obveron

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 02:53 PM

I was having a hell of a time figuring this out aswell. I was having to load up Call of Duty 3, signing player 2 in as Guest, then poping in Gears of War.

So let me get this straight. I press the giant button on the centre of controller 2... then instead of hitting X to sign in, I hit Y?.. or I hit X to sign in, then hit Y at profile selection?
When I hit Y on the Gears main menu, it brings up the gamer profiles sign-in, but no access to the Guest account.

#4 Foe-hammer

Foe-hammer

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, body building, video games
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 05 January 2007 - 01:12 AM

QUOTE(Obveron @ Jan 4 2007, 07:00 AM) View Post

I was having a hell of a time figuring this out aswell. I was having to load up Call of Duty 3, signing player 2 in as Guest, then poping in Gears of War.

So let me get this straight. I press the giant button on the centre of controller 2... then instead of hitting X to sign in, I hit Y?.. or I hit X to sign in, then hit Y at profile selection?
When I hit Y on the Gears main menu, it brings up the gamer profiles sign-in, but no access to the Guest account.

No, don't hit the guide button ("the giant button in the center"). Do as i described above.

Once you get into the xblive MP section, the 'Y' button that used to say "gamer profile sign-in", changes to "guest sign-in". Now press the "Y" button and sign in as the 'Guest' profile. It will not work if you sign in under any other profile besides 'Guest'.

#5 greenday54261

greenday54261

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 844 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b

Posted 05 January 2007 - 04:03 AM

Make sure you enter the "Xbox Live Player Match" menu before you do this. It will not work anywhere else, especially not in the Ranked Match menu.

So to clarify:

1. Boot up GoW, sign in with profile on 1st controller.
2. In GoW main menu, hit Versus, then Xbox Live Player Match.
3. You should see that the Y option on the bottom of the screen has changed to "Guest Sign-In".
4. Hit Y on second controller, and select the Guest account which has now magically appeared.

As far as names go, the guest will appear as your gamertag with the number 1 in parentheses at the end.
My guest, for example, is xX ErBiC Xx (1)

#6 Obveron

Obveron

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 04:50 PM

Thanks for clearing that up!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users