grimdoomer

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 27 December 2006 - 05:31 AM

ok i noticed when updating halo 2 it went to part of the ms dash(i belive that the hole thing my lie somewhere in the 360 or HDD). Then i noticed that when playing Far Cry Instincs i updated and same thing. so i am going to make a list of evey game that does this. maby we van get in through this. Maby this is the security check ms left out. They all ways leave out something.

Halo 2

Far Cry Instincs

Far Cry Evolutions

Splinter Cell Pandora Tomaro

Doom 3

if you found any games that do this please list them then i will make a final list some where.
NOTE not all xblox live games do this mechasult did not for me

#2 Moleman

Moleman

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 01 January 2007 - 10:40 AM

Munch's Oddysee, for what it's worth. It straight kicks you to the dash. Don't think it's BC yet though.

#3 Lesaras

Lesaras

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 02 January 2007 - 03:15 AM

QUOTE(grimdoomer @ Dec 27 2006, 05:38 AM) View Post

ok i noticed when updating halo 2 it went to part of the ms dash(i belive that the hole thing my lie somewhere in the 360 or HDD). Then i noticed that when playing Far Cry Instincs i updated and same thing. so i am going to make a list of evey game that does this. maby we van get in through this. Maby this is the security check ms left out. They all ways leave out something.

Halo 2

Far Cry Instincs

Far Cry Evolutions

Splinter Cell Pandora Tomaro

Doom 3
if you found any games that do this please list them then i will make a final list some where.
NOTE not all xblox live games do this mechasult did not for me

All of those games have a seperate XBE for updates or downloading that were skinned to match the original M$ dash. Look carefully enough and you'll notice the differences. Or load one of the updaters on an original xbox, modded without an M$ dash installed (Like when first upgrading hard drives). Oh, look, the M$ dash! But if it isn't installed, where is it coming from? Is it stored via flash on the Xbox 1 too?

Forget about this.

Edited by Lesaras, 02 January 2007 - 03:17 AM.

#4 unkdunk

unkdunk

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 10:48 PM

If you look on the 360 hdd while hooked to the PC you WILL see that the original xboxdash.xbe is in fact on there. Why its on there I don't know, it could be used for the emulator. It is extremely doubtful you will find a way to get in using this.

#5 vax11780

vax11780

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 29 January 2007 - 02:32 AM

Any method of running the original Xbox dash will not get us any closer to cracking the 360.

All of the XBox exploits modified the kernel in some way, either disabling checking the signature or changing the key used for signing to a known value. This was possible since everything ran with maximum permissions.

The 360 is different. The hypervisor runs at the highest permission level, and can do anything to the hardware. The main kernel runs with reduced permissions, and can manipulate filesystems and video, but can't directly access the hardware. The dashboard and games run at the lowest permissions, and can't access any hardware at all. The dashboard executes system calls to read/write files and load programs. The signature check is handled by the hypervisor.

So, if by some miracle you got the original dashboard to run, trying the font exploit or savegame hack would only kick you back to the (unmodified) 360 dash.

VAX

#6 unkdunk

unkdunk

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 03:16 AM

Agreed. Until the kernel is cracked we're all just kinda screwed as far as homebrew goes. But m$ also thought that xbox1 was uncrackable....

#7 DrPepperFan15

DrPepperFan15

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 30 January 2007 - 11:51 AM

QUOTE(unkdunk @ Jan 29 2007, 03:23 AM) View Post

Agreed. Until the kernel is cracked we're all just kinda screwed as far as homebrew goes. But m$ also thought that xbox1 was uncrackable....

Heh... too bad I dont have the news item handy but Microsoft said earlier back in '05 that the Xbox 360 was "hacker-proof" and well..... so far it's going bad for them since firmware mods/hacks/flashes are allowing people to mod the games and burn the edited content on a disc and even play it on live.... I can see the team at Xbox pulling off the fastest update ever when the day comes that a modchip is released, lol considering they are slowly starting to create updates here and there for firmware stuff

I would like to see if Xecuter could bring an update or so about their development with a chip and how good it's doing since Microsoft seems to be updating the dashboard and kernels too often the chances of a chip are coming to be quite slim... sad.gif but what do I know... I'm not part of Xecuter or any modding group... just giving my opinion

Ha! I would just like to add that after reading this I realized somehting taht is quite funny....

Lately people on Xbox Live playing Gears of war with modded firmware have been cheating.... now I have a feeling that Epic Games will turn into the new Bungie Studios VERY soon....

Edited by DrPepperFan15, 30 January 2007 - 11:56 AM.

#8 Methadon

Methadon

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 31 January 2007 - 07:13 PM

QUOTE(DrPepperFan15 @ Jan 30 2007, 11:58 AM) View Post

Lately people on Xbox Live playing Gears of war with modded firmware have been cheating.... now I have a feeling that Epic Games will turn into the new Bungie Studios VERY soon....

Their firmware has nothing to do with the cheat. Their 360s are running the exact same GoW program code as everyone else's 360 that's connected to live. All cheats, thus far, can be duplicated by just about anybody who's not hosting the match.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users