Rackerz

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 54 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 27 December 2006 - 03:09 PM

Ok, obviously this is alot different from the PSP scene. Which drive do I want, Samsung or Hitachi? Does it matter at all?

Can I 'brick' my Xbox 360?

I'm not an idiot when it comes to taking things out and plugging them into a computer, etc. Do I need to chip my xbox at all for playing backed up games?

What about xbox live, anything special I need to do to play online with backuped games, when they bring out the banhammer is my xbox doomed from xbox live forever?

And basically what else do I need to know?

Cheers

#2 Reaper527

Reaper527

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,500 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 27 December 2006 - 03:50 PM

as far as the ban hammer, its impossible to know what type of scheme MS will implement.

on the topic of bricking your xbox, you'll be fine. its very rare that something goes wrong, but in that rare case, the firmware flashing tools are designed to automatically backup your original firmware prior to flashing so that you can recover.

no chip needed, just the firmware flash.

both samsungs and hitachi's are both moddable, phillips is not (however much more rare)

the samsungs firmware hack currently has a few features that the hitachi's don't, but i wouldn't go out of my way to get a samsung since i'm sure these features will be implemented in the hitachi's in the near future.

#3 Rackerz

Rackerz

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 05:00 PM

Thanks for the quick reply biggrin.gif. So I'm safe regarding flashing new firmware, etc. As long as I read and don't do something stupid smile.gif.

Also, I'm not certain on the what's where since I just joined, so I was just wondering whether there are any tutorials for the process of flashing my firmware.

Thankyou smile.gif

Edited by Rackerz, 27 December 2006 - 05:03 PM.

#4 Reaper527

Reaper527

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,500 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 27 December 2006 - 05:08 PM

here's a collection of guides
http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=513412

heres my personal favorite

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=514944

#5 Rackerz

Rackerz

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 06:17 PM

Does your favourite work with the latest Extreme firmware? Assumsing that's the firmware I want. I've read that it'll autoflash my key so I don't need to mess around. How long should the process take, for a noobie?

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users