7 replies to this topic

#1 RainFade

RainFade

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 08:00 PM

Sorry for the stupid post but if it saves even one other noob some frustration I thought what the heck.

After reading every install doc I could find and searching the net a LOT before installing my GOLD yesterday I finally guessed the blue wire is d0 and the black ground and it worked. Guess I guessed right blink.gif

I'm sure it's in the guide on the team xodus site and i'm just too stupid to see it but thought if it gave me that much grief maybe some other poor noob might get confused.

So in case you are retarded like me and wondering about the little removable connector with your xenium gold.
The one with a blue wire and a black wire are D0 and Ground respectively.

#2 CJLee89

CJLee89

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 27 December 2006 - 10:47 PM

you only use the black and blue harness for a v1.5 xbox. this is adding extra power to the chip. if you have any other version of the xbox you dont need this.

#3 RainFade

RainFade

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 09:33 PM

QUOTE(CJLee89 @ Dec 27 2006, 04:54 PM) View Post

you only use the black and blue harness for a v1.5 xbox. this is adding extra power to the chip. if you have any other version of the xbox you dont need this.

So on my 1.4 d0 is present on the header and I don't need this harness at all ?

Sorry for the stupid questions just want to be sure before I tear it back apart and unplug it.

THANKS !!

#4 CJLee89

CJLee89

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 10:33 PM

are you doing a wireless or solderless install?

give this guide a look

Edited by CJLee89, 28 December 2006 - 10:34 PM.

#5 RainFade

RainFade

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 29 December 2006 - 02:34 AM

QUOTE(CJLee89 @ Dec 28 2006, 04:40 PM) View Post

are you doing a wireless or solderless install?

give this guide a look

I did a pin header install and it's working perfectly.
I hadn't found this guide you referenced and was confused about the removable d0/ground harness.
I eventually guessed and it worked out fine I just wanted to let anyone else doing this know about it ... maybe they haven't found this guide either biggrin.gif

I was using the pinheader_install .pdf and it appears to be the older chip and has the user soldering d0 to the chip as well as motherboard.

This document is AWESOME b.t.w. everything I needed in one place, as opposed to my fumbling through using various doc's from various sources.

Sorry to be so confused but go gently I've only owned an xbox for 3 days now and it's modded running a 120 gig hdd, added to my home network and has the fully monty of slayer's AID stuff so I don't think I'm doing to awfully bad. Heck I didn't evel let the blue smoke out jester.gif

OK i'll now shut up and go back to lurking, but honestly I looked around and searched before asking... how I missed the iceguide on the xodus site I don't know in a hurry I guess.

THANKS !

#6 CJLee89

CJLee89

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts

Posted 29 December 2006 - 05:29 AM

its cool. its what we are here for. glad to hear you got it working.

#7 Rabid1

Rabid1

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 07:56 AM

QUOTE(CJLee89 @ Dec 27 2006, 10:54 PM) View Post

Lol, not on this planet, The blue and black wire are the removable D0 loom, they have nothing to do with a 1.5 ( which really doesn't exist) They are an alternative D0 source for all installs, like if you broke the D0 hook off the solderless adapter or were doing a solder install but wanted to be able to remove the chip without desoldering the D0, and a ground for older original Xenium chips for 1.6 installs. You have to ground the D0 to make them work.

#8 appleguru

appleguru

an Apple a Day...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,694 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 04 January 2007 - 05:03 AM

QUOTE(Rabid1 @ Jan 2 2007, 02:03 AM) View Post

Lol, not on this planet, The blue and black wire are the removable D0 loom, they have nothing to do with a 1.5 ( which really doesn't exist) They are an alternative D0 source for all installs, like if you broke the D0 hook off the solderless adapter or were doing a solder install but wanted to be able to remove the chip without desoldering the D0, and a ground for older original Xenium chips for 1.6 installs. You have to ground the D0 to make them work.

...Or you have a gold, which uses the loom as it's ONLY d0 attachment point for soldered installs wink.gif

But yes, blue = d0/lframe, black = redundant ground (IE, you can cut it off; you don't need it)

Also, the pinned topics (Which.. could use some cleaning up.. I should get on that) have this information as well wink.gif

http://forums.xbox-s...&...t&p=1955711

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users