APE

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 28 December 2006 - 02:03 AM

At first It wouldn't load my checkpoint save. It would ask for the difficulty setting, try to load then kick me back to the difficulty menu, wash, rinse, repeat. Go to start from the last part of act 2 I can and it kicks me back to the difficulty selection.

The disk is pristine, got it yesterday. The console was purchased last Saturday. Could the save somehow be corrupt?

#2 RWill55904

RWill55904

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 02:10 AM

QUOTE(APE @ Dec 28 2006, 02:10 AM) View Post

At first It wouldn't load my checkpoint save. It would ask for the difficulty setting, try to load then kick me back to the difficulty menu, wash, rinse, repeat. Go to start from the last part of act 2 I can and it kicks me back to the difficulty selection.

The disk is pristine, got it yesterday. The console was purchased last Saturday. Could the save somehow be corrupt?

I had the same thing happen to me today on this.. Does anyone know what would cause this?
I am able to play when I am not on live...

Any takers

#3 DV8ORMODS

DV8ORMODS

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Interests:PS3 version 1.0 no update waiting for iso loader
  • Xbox Version:v1.6d
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 28 December 2006 - 02:19 AM

having the same issue right now wtf is going on the first wave of bannings going on

#4 APE

APE

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 02:23 AM

I logged out of Live and it let me start a fresh game from the beginning. Log in and try to start from the 2nd to last part of Act 2 and it goes back to kicking me to the menu.

To top it off MS customer service takes you as far as a busy signal after you demand customer service.

#5 Barrel01

Barrel01

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 02:26 AM

Same thing has happend to me today. I bought it yesterday and it was fine, this morning it keeps throwing me back to the difficulty select screen. I have even deleted the game from my hard drive mad.gif

I can't even start a new game from scratch.

#6 DV8ORMODS

DV8ORMODS

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Interests:PS3 version 1.0 no update waiting for iso loader
  • Xbox Version:v1.6d

Posted 28 December 2006 - 02:28 AM

logged on to xbox llive is the problem disconnect and it willl temp fix the problem xbox live is down

#7 APE

APE

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 02:32 AM

I can log in to Live, I can see other friends on Live, I don't see how it's down.

If I log out I lose access to any of my saves, temp fix? Hardly. If I wanted to play the game again from the beginning sure, but this is my first play through. If I have to play it again I'll likely not for a long while.

EDIT: Ok I jumped the gun a bit, you're right. I yanked my ethernet cable, it logged into my profile and bam, I could play.

Edited by APE, 28 December 2006 - 02:34 AM.

#8 Boddah

Boddah

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 406 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 28 December 2006 - 02:36 AM

What the hell is going on with it not loading? I'm having the same exact problem...just came here to post a topic about it.

Edit: Whoops, guess I should have read the topic before posting. This is pissing me off. :-/

Edited by Boddah, 28 December 2006 - 02:38 AM.

#9 greenday54261

greenday54261

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 844 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b

Posted 28 December 2006 - 03:24 AM

What the hell is this? This just happened to me, too. I went to a friend's house today and recovered my account to his 360. Came back to my house, recovered my acct back, and tried to play GoW campaign.

Big surprise, I can't. WTF is going on? Sure, a Live disconnect fixes it, but then I can't do anything involving Live. M$ customer service is a joke.

EDIT: Could this issue be related to this? Noticed it after I posted, and it seems to coincide...

Edited by greenday54261, 28 December 2006 - 03:27 AM.

#10 Lt. Monster Man

Lt. Monster Man

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 04:54 AM

Wow, at least I know I'm not crazy.

I just wish I would have found this before I deleted my save game... *sigh* Oh well, only on act 2.

#11 repset

repset

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 105 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 28 December 2006 - 05:48 AM

http://www.bungie.ne...?postID=9555808
http://www.xbox.com/...ort/?WT.svl=nav

#12 pricemeista33

pricemeista33

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 555 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 31 December 2006 - 10:38 PM

Well well well, I've done some research on this scratched disc thing. The DVD ROM is hazardous to itself for one and the surrounding metal components are a major factor. That was a great diagram @ llamma.com which depicted EXACTLY what was happening while moving or tilting the console. They were right, as well by informing others to READ THE INSTRUCTIONS prior to operating the console. DO NOT MOVE OR TILT THE CONSOLE WHILE POWERED ON. Hey repset I really appreciate what you did to ensure us all that we were not crazy! Now I must place those rubber bumpers inside the DVD ROM to prevent that from happening to any other game.

#13 super_copy

super_copy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:55 AM

I'm getting this error after I updated my dashboard to 14719. Tried yanking the EtherNet cable, disable Xbox Live, no use. Every time I select "single player" -> "new campaign" -> "difficulty level", it gives the normal warning about overwriting progress, I accept, then goes right back to "difficulty level".

I'm curious about the link to bungie.net that repset posted above. It's no longer valid, was there any useful information?

#14 oleq83

oleq83

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 114 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:36 AM

Lol. This thread is almost six years old.

#15 itoktoeatfish

itoktoeatfish

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 113 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:20 PM

try clearing the cashe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users