3 replies to this topic

#1 Vrtclhykr

Vrtclhykr

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 02:45 PM

Okay. I just built a new computer and put in a VT6421L SATA card. I have the 520c drivers installed and I am trying to read a MS25 drive. I first tried a simple mtkflash routine from cdrom using original mtkflash then the first edited mtkflashvia, and the second edited mtkflashvia. I then tried hex editing myself. When I boot NTS4DOS all the steps go fine and I am able to run mtkflash from C: drive. The problem is that it does not continue and show my SATA controller as suggested.
It says "PORT:1F0, MASTER/SLAVE:a0"

So I figured it was a boot from cd issue so used xtreme bootmaker to create a booting usb drive with 5.1b fw
When I type "samread xxserialxxxxx" it says "directory already exists then displays the same "PORT:1F0, MASTER/SLAVE:a0" message.
I tried then putting in the serial without the space and it prompted me to input the serial with the space in it. I do and it says PORT:1F0, MASTER/SLAVE:a0" message again and sits there doing nothing.
So I rebooted PC, explored the usbkey but there is no orig.bin on the drive.

So here I am. I am assuming that the controller card is not being seen but at this point I am at a loss as what to try.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Edited by Vrtclhykr, 28 December 2006 - 02:59 PM.

#2 cyclopsw

cyclopsw

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 28 December 2006 - 08:57 PM

It sounds like your not hexediting your card properly. You might want to try picking up something like Xtremebootmaker and using that to hlep you hexedit.

#3 Vrtclhykr

Vrtclhykr

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 01:14 AM

for anybody interested the problem for me turned out to be the external plug on the SATA controller card. As soon as I used the SATA plug on the inside of the machine for the Via card all worked perfect. No need to unplug any onboard IDE or SATA plugs.

#4 vinomarky

vinomarky

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 349 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 31 December 2006 - 07:14 AM

QUOTE(Vrtclhykr @ Dec 31 2006, 01:21 AM) View Post

for anybody interested the problem for me turned out to be the external plug on the SATA controller card. As soon as I used the SATA plug on the inside of the machine for the Via card all worked perfect. No need to unplug any onboard IDE or SATA plugs.

Ahh - good catch
Yes, that has been reported a few times already, but always good to get a reminder

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users