• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 randomprey

randomprey

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 04:13 AM

How can I load the original ms dash to change the video out settings? I softmodded my xbox a long time ago and for some reason when I try it all it does is load a green screen and goes no further. I used the bert/ernie font hack about two years ago and never changed anything after getting it loaded. XBMC runs awesome and I've never had problems. I've tried running the msdash through evolutionx and xbmc but no luck. Any ideas?

#2 xman954

xman954

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,028 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 31 December 2006 - 04:21 AM

you need a hex edited xboxdash.xbe (fonts to f0nts)
upgrade to NDURE...

#3 randomprey

randomprey

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 04:48 AM

QUOTE(xman954 @ Dec 30 2006, 10:28 PM) View Post

you need a hex edited xboxdash.xbe (fonts to f0nts)
upgrade to NDURE...

downloading ndure now. What files/directories do I need to copy over to upgrade? Thanks!

#4 randomprey

randomprey

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 05:21 AM

I can't seem to find my action replay. Could someone post a directory tree of how the files/folders should appear? I have extracted the ndure package but not sure where everything goes.

#5 xman954

xman954

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,028 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 31 December 2006 - 05:36 AM

you need "orignal" C files to use a gamesave installer
or use NDURE 3.0 with slayers2.6-7 and FTP everything

#6 randomprey

randomprey

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 07:45 PM

I used the Cash 1.1 disk to get everything upgraded (Thanks cerealkillajme). I was able to go into the MS Dash and enable widescreen plus the other video modes! I went ahead and upgraded XBMC to the 12-25-06 release and I'm back to scratching my head again. I have a JVC 70" LCOS DLP that can handle all modes including 1080p (Which looks amazing!). I changed the video mode for menus to 1080i 16x9 and video playback to 720p 16x9 but everything looks horrible and blurry. This is true for both video and menus. The only way it looks decent is NTSC 16x9. Which is exactly what I had before I started this whole freaking process. **Bangs head against wall**

#7 cerealkillajme

cerealkillajme

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,241 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 31 December 2006 - 08:41 PM

Not sure on the XBMC stuff as I don't really use it much. If the M$ dash isn't saving the HD settings then you need to disable the virtual eeprom (can be done with Krayzies Extras, CASH can install them). Just disable the virtual eeprom, then make whatever changes you need to make and you can cut it back on and it should save the HD settings.

I'd play with my settings, but I don't have HD cables for my XBOX 1 to test it anyway.

#8 randomprey

randomprey

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 08:53 PM

QUOTE(cerealkillajme @ Dec 31 2006, 02:48 PM) View Post

Not sure on the XBMC stuff as I don't really use it much. If the M$ dash isn't saving the HD settings then you need to disable the virtual eeprom (can be done with Krayzies Extras, CASH can install them). Just disable the virtual eeprom, then make whatever changes you need to make and you can cut it back on and it should save the HD settings.

I'd play with my settings, but I don't have HD cables for my XBOX 1 to test it anyway.

I went back into M$ Dash and it is saving the settings for HD and widescreen. What app do you use for watching video's stored on another computer? I haven't gotten around to installing a bigger hard drive yet so I have to stream everything via SMB. Thanks for stopping by!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users