6 replies to this topic

#1 kevbird

kevbird

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 108 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 05:27 PM

i am wanting to flash my tsop, the bios i heard is best for my v1.4 is x2_4983.
only problem is, i am going to be slimming this box and not using a dvd drive, i used xbtool to try and set it to NO DVD DRIVE CHECK, but it won't let me uncheck box for dvd drive check.
is there a way i can do this, or will another bios work for me?

#2 kevbird

kevbird

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 108 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 06:22 PM

i want to do the tsop flash using mechassault, any special instructions? i have winbond tsop, so i know i can't use the evox. so which exploit will i need, i have the mechassault raincoat, will taht one work? also where can i find what points need to be soldered?
also, if i want to adjust stuff for the bios, i open the folders and use xbtool on the file that says BIOS(.bin file) correct?
the bios in the game save is X2_4979 256kb
this one will work right?
also how can i tell what version of raincaot i have, the mechintaller raincoat file i got doesn't have a version listed

Edited by kevbird, 31 December 2006 - 06:33 PM.

#3 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,735 posts
  • Interests:#lordvader129
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 31 December 2006 - 06:59 PM

QUOTE(kevbird @ Dec 31 2006, 12:34 PM) View Post

i am wanting to flash my tsop, the bios i heard is best for my v1.4 is x2_4983.
only problem is, i am going to be slimming this box and not using a dvd drive, i used xbtool to try and set it to NO DVD DRIVE CHECK, but it won't let me uncheck box for dvd drive check.
is there a way i can do this, or will another bios work for me?

x2 bios have the DVD check disabled by default, so theres nothign you need to edit

QUOTE(kevbird @ Dec 31 2006, 01:29 PM) View Post

i want to do the tsop flash using mechassault, any special instructions? i have winbond tsop, so i know i can't use the evox. so which exploit will i need, i have the mechassault raincoat, will taht one work? also where can i find what points need to be soldered?
also, if i want to adjust stuff for the bios, i open the folders and use xbtool on the file that says BIOS(.bin file) correct?
the bios in the game save is X2_4979 256kb
this one will work right?
also how can i tell what version of raincaot i have, the mechintaller raincoat file i got doesn't have a version listed

raincoat (or eurasia if you dont want to telnet) will work for you

theres a pic in my sig for the write enable points, just a dab of solder to connect them is all you need

i would switch the 4979 with 4983, i cant remember if 79 works on 1.4s or not

i beleive 83, lets you adhust with an ini file in the root of E, if you want to edit with xbtool use 4981

for raincoat version, open up raincoat.conf, .5 has 8 or so flash definitions, .7 has over 100, for your winbond though it doesnt matter, either one will work just as well

#4 kevbird

kevbird

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 108 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 07:10 PM

if i use eurasia and don't have to telnet, how does it flash?
i got eurasia, but it dosn't have any bios file in it, so if i get one where do i put it in the gave save folders?
never mind i found the bios in the eurasia, but it's an evolutionx 5101 bios, evolutionx doesn't work with winbond tsop right? does that mean i can't use eurasia? or do i just replace the bios with the 4983?

added
o.k. i got 4983, loaded in into xbtool, but the dvd drive check box is checked and can't be unchecked

Edited by kevbird, 31 December 2006 - 07:19 PM.

#5 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,735 posts
  • Interests:#lordvader129
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 01 January 2007 - 12:52 AM

QUOTE(kevbird @ Dec 31 2006, 02:17 PM) View Post

added
o.k. i got 4983, loaded in into xbtool, but the dvd drive check box is checked and can't be unchecked

you cant edit 4983 in xbtool, if you want to use xbtool get 4981

but all x2 bios have skip dvd check enabled already, so you dont have to do anythign to run it with no dvd drive

#6 kevbird

kevbird

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 108 posts

Posted 01 January 2007 - 12:53 AM

also, when i ftp the 2 files from mechassault eurasia to modded xbox, where do i put the files?

#7 kevbird

kevbird

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 108 posts

Posted 01 January 2007 - 05:38 PM

can someone help me out here? with eurasia, there are 2 folders with #'s..... but when i ftp them to modded xbox, under mechassault i only get 1 game save of 73 blocks, the total size of both files is 7.5MB, is the one game save have both files in it? i just don't want to screw this up, i have the points soldered ready to go, just wanna be sure before i do it.

also in the 2 folders from eurasia, 1 of them has the evox.ini, i thought evox wouldn't work with winbond tsop, can i still use eurasia?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users