h4xx3d

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 02 January 2007 - 03:00 AM

Okay, I am in the planning stages of creating a 360 controller that works with the PS3. I know their's lots of animosity towards the rival system on these boards, but well.. you're the best at what you do. Anyways, for those of you who hate the PS3 and everything associated with it... well, you can take solace in the fact that I'm doing this mod because the 360 controller is.. well, it's perfect biggrin.gif

ANYWAYS.. tongue.gif I plan to make this controller as much like the 360's as possible. Wiring the button's should not be too difficult, thanks the the dual board design of the PS3 controller. However, button's are not enough for me.. I want the 360 play and charge kit to be fully functional in this hybrid controller. Now, I'm aware that it probably won't just be a matter of wiring the battery in place, but there will have to be some sort of conversion. This is what I need help with. If anybody could with knowledge in the area could give me a hand here, it would be greatly appreciated.

I would like to have it so the converter makes the 360 battery pack's in and output equivalent to the ps3 battery's.

On the PS3 battery it says:

Model: LIP1359 Li-ion
Battery Pack 3.7V(3,7V) <elongated = with the lower line segmented> 610mAh

Min Charge Current: 0.4A
Max Charge Voltage: 4.2V

It is a Sony made Battery.

Thank you in advance for any help! happy.gif Credit will be given where credit is due smile.gif

#2 lostboyz

lostboyz

Mr. Knowitall

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,188 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 03:10 AM

we have both 360 and ps3 forums, and you chose xbox1

try again and good luck

#3 h4xx3d

h4xx3d

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 03:13 AM

*sigh* My bad, I have the 360 and xbox1 forums open in tabs. If a mod could move this to the 360 hardware forums, that would be fantastic. The ps3 hardware forums have very little activity and I'm looking more for information on the 360 side of things, so It's probably more appropriate anyways.

#4 ubernewb

ubernewb

now 58% uber'er

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,016 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 02 January 2007 - 06:01 AM

more of a mod for the ps3 though, so that's where it goes for now.. if anything, just start a thread in 360 hardware asking for a schematic for the controller.. or at least some labeled pcb pictures

either way, good luck with it beerchug.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users