electronblu

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:none

Posted 02 January 2007 - 04:51 AM

i need to know how to FTP to my xbox and i have XBMC as my main dash..... u have been looking all night with no luck... i am also haveing a problem with my emus not working, they show up and load but i cant play them, just sits on the main screen for them....any help in this matter would be great

#2 spaz7986

spaz7986

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 141 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 02 January 2007 - 08:41 AM

First check if you are receiving an IP. If you are not then you have a network problem.
A. do you have an FTP Client. If you don't, I advise you to use CoreFTP. Just google to download it from their site.
B. connect by putting in your box's IP and then xbox as username and password.

C. Add punctuation to any forum posts from now on.

#3 Bisson

Bisson

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 03:58 AM

QUOTE(spaz7986 @ Jan 2 2007, 02:48 AM) View Post

First check if you are receiving an IP. If you are not then you have a network problem.
A. do you have an FTP Client. If you don't, I advise you to use CoreFTP. Just google to download it from their site.
B. connect by putting in your box's IP and then xbox as username and password.

C. Add punctuation to any forum posts from now on.

Problem here:

I can see the weather, the Xbox-Scen news... But I cannot connect via Flash FXP. When I go on my System info, I see that my ip is 192.168.1.103. I enter this with xbox,xbox with FlashFXP. I have a Linksys routeur, I tried to open the 21th port so since I have the internet I think it is good for the port! Should I put the firewall on or off for the routeur's firewall!?!

Thanks

#4 cscmrwizard

cscmrwizard

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 02:43 PM

QUOTE(electronblu @ Jan 1 2007, 09:58 PM) View Post

i need to know how to FTP to my xbox and i have XBMC as my main dash..... u have been looking all night with no luck... i am also haveing a problem with my emus not working, they show up and load but i cant play them, just sits on the main screen for them....any help in this matter would be great

have you look at the ip on your dash is it the same as your xbmc i had to set all ip the same as the x3 live config ip mite help works here

#5 ThaCrip

ThaCrip

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 21 January 2007 - 11:44 PM

well if DHCP is on on the XBMC that should automatically assign your ip address to your xbox.... but since u got a linksys router i probably would assign a static ip address to it

assign this in xbmc as a "static ip (u got a linksys router and so do i so this should work) 192.168.1.99" ... and for "subnetmask = 255.255.255.0" ... "default gateway = 192.168.1.1" and thats that and u should be able to connect from your pc (using flashfxp) to the XBMC (xbox).

have fun wink.gif

p.s. reason i told u to use 192.168.1.99 instead of 100 something is cause the dhcp addresss are usually started from 100+ ... so when u do less than 100 (99 or lower for the most part) it wont act up wink.gif

Edited by ThaCrip, 21 January 2007 - 11:46 PM.

#6 theboytony

theboytony

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 09:45 AM

i have this problem as well, i changed my xbox to tartup in xbmc by changing the xbe name to default now i can't ftp to it, ftp only seemd to work when on the dashboard how do i change it back to normal

#7 barneybarney68

barneybarney68

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 02:09 PM

I can only iterate further that you should check the ip address of your xbox in the xbox system info, then use your ftp client to connect the that ip and port 21. The defaults user: xbox, pass: xbox but you should check and change these anyway for security and sometimes that can be the root of this problem.

Can you provide any further details like error etc... ?

#8 Wilson_Manchester

Wilson_Manchester

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 04:39 AM

I'm having this same problem...I changed the ip and configured the ips to be the same and it says its connected but I'm not. I'm not able to transfer files or view files on the XBOX. What do the settings have to be on XBMC?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users