Haktar

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 02 January 2007 - 09:48 AM

Hi, some people have told me that Hitachi can be done with this VIA chipset and other have said that it cant, i have also looked around and been unable to find a clear anwser, also if this chipset cant be used there are onboard sata with a ICH chipset, i know thats npt much to go by but im not on the computer at the minute, i guess my question if if i cant use this VIA chipset can i use a ICH one.

Thanks

#2 Haktar

Haktar

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 11:28 PM

sorry to bump but i was hoping to do this tommorow

#3 myfranco

myfranco

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 03 January 2007 - 12:16 AM

You better download slax 2.1 .That works with via 6421.However,slax1 doesn't work because it wasn't in the database of the loader.That is why people are saying that doesn't work with slax.

#4 Haktar

Haktar

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 12:25 AM

aha, i see i just downloaded Slax from Xbins so with Slax 2.1 and Maximus-Garyopa_XTRM-HITACHI_v2_3_Stealth_Rev2 i should be good to go?

Thanks for your reply

#5 tot31

tot31

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 12:30 AM

I have a VIA6421A PCI SATA card and I've flashed a Hitachi 47DJ drive with no problems. I used SLAX2.1 to make the Hitachi into MODEB.

#6 Haktar

Haktar

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 12:51 AM

ahh, awesome great to know thanks myfranco and tot31

#7 entmike

entmike

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 12:54 AM

I've got the same card, and it works with SLAX 2.0 also.

#8 andy_mg2000

andy_mg2000

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 01:53 AM

Yes the 6421a PCI card will be fine. Use the SATA port furthest away from the metal bracket on the card to connect the hitachi.

Use boot slax 2.1 to put the drive in mode B. Do this by powering on your 360 as soon as the slax cd begins spinning up in your pc during boot. (You may want to try different timings here if the drive does not go into mode cool.gif. Let the slax cd boot to the login screen. Once you confirm the hitachi is in mode b by testing it takes 2 ejects to open/close the drive, restart your pc - removing the slax cd so windows boots. I usually restart with the hitachi drive open as I heard it will help drive detection. I have also read that opening and closing the hitachi during the loading screen of xp will help any problems during detection. You can try this if you have any problems. The drive should then be detected in windows and you can continue to flash your drive as is described in the many tutorials in this forum.

#9 xriderbc

xriderbc

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 02:53 AM

Slight change of direction in topic- can the 6421A be used with the Samsung? I read a post saying that the MTKflash needed to have the I/O ports hex changed, as well as the chipset. Anyone done this, or have a link on how to do it? Thanks. (I have instructions on how to hex edit for the chipset, but haven't seen anything on how to edit for the I/O ports)- On the 6421L you apparently don't need to adjust the I/O

#10 tot31

tot31

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 04:20 AM

QUOTE(xriderbc @ Jan 3 2007, 10:00 AM) View Post

Slight change of direction in topic- can the 6421A be used with the Samsung? I read a post saying that the MTKflash needed to have the I/O ports hex changed, as well as the chipset. Anyone done this, or have a link on how to do it? Thanks. (I have instructions on how to hex edit for the chipset, but haven't seen anything on how to edit for the I/O ports)- On the 6421L you apparently don't need to adjust the I/O

I've also flashed a few ms25 and ms28 drives with my VIA6421A PCI SATA card with no problems. I used Extreme Boot Maker 0.3.6 to detect the I/O of my card and made changes to the mtkflash file. You must use the 10secs trick in order to flash any ms28 drives.

#11 Haktar

Haktar

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 06:38 PM

Hi, i just did Two Hitachi drive today biggrin.gif, i think they were version 47 and now another friend wants me to do his tommorow lol, but he only got his a few months ago and by how he explained what the disc tray looks like it sounds to be a Hitachi but if it is that new will it be a 78 drive? and can i flash that with the Vt6421a Chipset, thanks very much for any help again

#12 Dexter Harvey

Dexter Harvey

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 106 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 06:18 AM

QUOTE(Haktar @ Jan 3 2007, 12:45 PM) View Post

Hi, i just did Two Hitachi drive today biggrin.gif, i think they were version 47 and now another friend wants me to do his tommorow lol, but he only got his a few months ago and by how he explained what the disc tray looks like it sounds to be a Hitachi but if it is that new will it be a 78 drive? and can i flash that with the Vt6421a Chipset, thanks very much for any help again

Yes with slax 2.1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users