• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 xout

xout

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 02:54 PM

Hope this is the proper forum for this question. My 360 is new with no mods yet. Oassionally when I load Gears of War I receive the "dirty disk" message and need to reboot. I would not hesitate to return this system except I was lucky enough to have Samsung drive in the "Box". The dirty disk message seems to only appear with Gears of War and not with the other games I have. My questions to all of you is:

Is Gears of War sometimes know for this problem?

Are the Samsung drives know to oassionally have this type of problem?

Should I quit worrying and just play?

Thanks for your replies.

xout.

EDIT: Just clarified your title a bit -Fuzzy

Edited by Fuzzy, 02 January 2007 - 11:42 PM.

#2 bucko

bucko

Super Moderator

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,996 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 02 January 2007 - 03:18 PM

Have you tried cleaning the disk and checking it for scratches, sorry to state the obvious, but sometimes people overlook the obvious.

#3 xout

xout

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 03:25 PM

Thanks for the reply. Yes I have cleaned the disk and checked for scratches. I forgot to mention that this is the second game disk, I returned the first one hoping this would clear up the read error.

Xout.

#4 joden007

joden007

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 03:30 PM

same error for me too.....

#5 bobinator

bobinator

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 05:01 PM

same here, it only does it with gears of war. i did all the steps M$ has to try to fix the problem, like delete my saved game files, (luckly i have an extra hardrive). but to no avail, the 360's are junk, plain and simple, and M$ service is lousy, i spent an hour on the phone with three different people arguing for them to send me a box. they wanted me to pay to ship it out. they finally caved and sent me a box, i'm going to send it out today. i'm also on my third copy of gears of war. i work at sears and we get back 1-2 360's that dont work. these systems are so bad, but i have one and cant return it so im stuck with this giant white paper weight. and if anyone on this site thinks the 360 is a reliable should really go see a doctor to check if they have downsyndrome. seriously i hate fanboys, especially for and unreliable load of crap that the 360 is. grr.gif

#6 jabroniekilla

jabroniekilla

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,008 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 02 January 2007 - 05:06 PM

QUOTE(bobinator @ Jan 2 2007, 11:08 AM) View Post

same here, it only does it with gears of war. i did all the steps M$ has to try to fix the problem, like delete my saved game files, (luckly i have an extra hardrive). but to no avail, the 360's are junk, plain and simple, and M$ service is lousy, i spent an hour on the phone with three different people arguing for them to send me a box. they wanted me to pay to ship it out. they finally caved and sent me a box, i'm going to send it out today. i'm also on my third copy of gears of war. i work at sears and we get back 1-2 360's that dont work. these systems are so bad, but i have one and cant return it so im stuck with this giant white paper weight. and if anyone on this site thinks the 360 is a reliable should really go see a doctor to check if they have downsyndrome. seriously i hate fanboys, especially for and unreliable load of crap that the 360 is. grr.gif

my 360 reads everything fine. so do a lot of other peoples. you just happen to be one of the unlucky people who happens to bitch and moan about it. I hope your problem gets solved.

#7 XBOXIZGOOD

XBOXIZGOOD

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 388 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 02 January 2007 - 05:11 PM

I have a 360 with the SAMSUNG drive in it (MFG 8-13-2006) and I have never(knocks on wood) had a problem with Gears or any other game. What I have noticed, is that new games seem to have a thin layer of film or something on them. I always use a microfiber cloth and moisture from my breath to clean them off good. You must have a bad system.

#8 redwolf

redwolf

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 02 January 2007 - 06:12 PM

dunno if it will work but try changing the xbox from horizontal to vertical, vice versa (NOT while running the console).

#9 Super-Mari0

Super-Mari0

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 140 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 02 January 2007 - 10:45 PM

i get that error every now and then. (happend last night actually) but usually i just take it out and put it back in, works no problem.

#10 mad_maxx

mad_maxx

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 01:53 AM

QUOTE(redwolf @ Jan 3 2007, 04:19 AM) View Post

dunno if it will work but try changing the xbox from horizontal to vertical, vice versa (NOT while running the console).

Used to work well with Playstations.

(PS. DEF DONT DO THIS WHILE IT IS RUNNING AS STATED ABOVE. WILL CAUSE ALOT OF ISSUES)

#11 angryxboxer

angryxboxer

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 03:13 AM

QUOTE(jabroniekilla @ Jan 2 2007, 05:13 PM) View Post

my 360 reads everything fine. so do a lot of other peoples. you just happen to be one of the unlucky people who happens to bitch and moan about it. I hope your problem gets solved.

People wouldn't have to bitch and moan if M$ had stepped up to the plate and offered a reasonable warranty (say 1 year or so) like some other respectable game companies *cough* Nintendo. At any rate, I was told by someone that M$ was now repairing all broken xboxes (not just pre Jan 06 ones). Anyone know if this is true or not?

#12 jackie martling

jackie martling

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 03 January 2007 - 03:51 AM

QUOTE(bobinator @ Jan 2 2007, 10:08 AM) View Post

now why dont u tell u what u really mean?

#13 greenday54261

greenday54261

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 844 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b

Posted 03 January 2007 - 04:11 AM

QUOTE(angryxboxer @ Jan 2 2007, 11:20 PM) View Post

People wouldn't have to bitch and moan if M$ had stepped up to the plate and offered a reasonable warranty (say 1 year or so) like some other respectable game companies *cough* Nintendo. At any rate, I was told by someone that M$ was now repairing all broken xboxes (not just pre Jan 06 ones). Anyone know if this is true or not?

It IS a year. Microsoft changed it around the beginning of last month. So you can get it repaired for no charge if it's truly broken unless you bought it more than a year ago.

#14 Legendary Badass

Legendary Badass

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 12:06 PM

I get a bunch of disc read errors, but with Gears it happens more than any other game. Doesn't matter if it is vertical or not. I think it is caused by the CPU and GPU working near capacity.

#15 bobinator

bobinator

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 03:35 PM

QUOTE(jackie martling @ Jan 2 2007, 09:58 PM) View Post

now why dont u tell u what u really mean?

first you will need to learn how to form structured sentences.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users