spinr34

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 10 January 2007 - 12:54 AM

so i had a launch console. it got the 3 red lights. it was out of warranty, ms wanted $132 to fix it. so i say no thanks and open it, hot air gun and *temp* fix it. two weeks later ms's announces they are extending all warannties on launch consoles. i say !*#($@ing MS! and get tired of fixing my 360. so i go out and buy a new one around thanksgiving so i can play gears. this one has problems all the time with reading the disc and there isn't one scratch on it. it is the only game that has ever been in this 360 and hasn't been removed from the drive since i put it in (unless it continues to refuse to read the disc then i open the tray and close it). it is my dvdrom because you can hear it try to read and the laser tries to adjust, goes crazy, drive spins down and boom. disc is unreadable. so we all know when this happens it pushes you out to the dashboard. one time, it was really messed. from the dash after the error i went down and clicked on play game, only to get another error that says disc is unreadable without even booting it. it did this 3 times in the dash. i tried to open and close same problem, i had to end up turning the box off and on. i thought for sure my 2nd brand new 360 was dead though. good thing i bought the 2 yr warranty. anyways, i think gears might point out some problems with the dvd drives that might not otherwise be noticed. gears does A LOT of streaming so the drive is always working, which highers the chances that something could go wrong.

Edited by spinr34, 10 January 2007 - 12:55 AM.

#18 nexxusbeatss

nexxusbeatss

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 01:57 AM

QUOTE(bobinator @ Jan 2 2007, 11:08 AM) View Post

same here, it only does it with gears of war. i did all the steps M$ has to try to fix the problem, like delete my saved game files, (luckly i have an extra hardrive). but to no avail, the 360's are junk, plain and simple, and M$ service is lousy, i spent an hour on the phone with three different people arguing for them to send me a box. they wanted me to pay to ship it out. they finally caved and sent me a box, i'm going to send it out today. i'm also on my third copy of gears of war. i work at sears and we get back 1-2 360's that dont work. these systems are so bad, but i have one and cant return it so im stuck with this giant white paper weight. and if anyone on this site thinks the 360 is a reliable should really go see a doctor to check if they have downsyndrome. seriously i hate fanboys, especially for and unreliable load of crap that the 360 is. grr.gif

Ok, first off wrong forum to be talking shit like that. Second, anyone who works at Sears is either 1. A kid or 2. A loser. Either way your opinion doesnt matter. You just spent 5 minutes talking out your ass. 360's work fine. Iv'e modded a ton of them and been thru 2 myself. M$ is still workin out a few kinks with it but thats the price we pay for getting a PS3 killer. However the DVD drive screwing up is not one of those kinks, I don't know why yours doesn't work, you sound like a noob so thats probably it. Anyways, don't talk like that around here man, get a clue with things and fix it yourself. Or stop whining.

#19 jfoster

jfoster

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 05:44 PM

Im having a similar issue. Random Disk Read Errors.

I have to wonder if there was a batch of them with issues. I've tried 2 first realease GOW discs and have had the same problem with both. I am going to trade with a friend of mine and try his (he just got his GOW).

Edited by jfoster, 10 January 2007 - 05:45 PM.

#20 bmxerkyd

bmxerkyd

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 08:36 PM

My Gears copy throws the (Disk is unreadable) error multiple times a night when I play. I love gears too much to try to do anything about it (Plus my 360 is liquid cooled and the case is modified so I would never receive a warranty from microsoft). Could it be some type of manufacturing error in writing the disks perhaps?

#21 team_toyo

team_toyo

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:none

Posted 17 January 2007 - 12:03 AM

Happend with me to. Actually I never really realized why the sticker was put on the Disc Tray front, saying to never move the console with a disc inside, well I had a consistent scratch all the way around the game. Needless to say the game would load but shortly after it would give me the error to clean it. So I took it back, and lied to them when they asked if I had the Xbox upright or laying down. Now I just lay the damn thing down. Its for anybodys own good. Since then I have had one error but restarted it after inspecting the disc. Hasn't happen since. Try cleaning the lens with a lens cleaner.

#22 kfernandes29

kfernandes29

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 09:37 PM

Same here. My 360 was out of commision due to a dead laser. Just replaced it and popped in GOW. It said an update was required so I updated. Now I get an "unreadable disk" error. This only happen to GOW. All other games are fine.

*I am using a backup* - Don't fret people, I loved the game so much I bought the original tongue.gif

#23 Ywap

Ywap

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 02:10 PM

After getting my first 360 back from repair (checkboard pattern) i started playing GoW. Fist i couldn´t play more than a couple of seconds (if it even started) because of dirty disk error. Then i changed to vertical and i could play up to 15 minutes sessions before the dirty disc message. I´m now at the gas station and i can´t get past the cut scene no matter what placement, vertical or horizontal.

A friend of mine have played through the game with no problems at all with his console so i cannot blame the disc... (no scratches or dirt what so ever)

I seriously think that some of the x360:s drives have quality problems. I´m sending this second 360 back also sad.gif

Edited by Ywap, 19 February 2007 - 02:12 PM.

#24 waytoodeep03

waytoodeep03

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 10:14 PM

Whats the update on this? Anyone found a solution to these DDE's?

#25 DemisesAngel

DemisesAngel

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 09:49 PM

I can't seem to figure out what my disc problem is with this game or it's successor. With both GOW and GOW 2 I get the Dirt Disc Error randomly. I can play any other games for hours on end (which I've done sadly) and never get one of those errors, but with the 1st and 2nd GOW it will randomly shoot one out. It just bugs the shit outta me too because I can tell when it's about to do it. I can hear the drive eventually slow down. It doesn't stop spinning, but spins so slow that I know every time when it will fail.

It would be one thing if I did have scratched discs, but both the original and backup do this and a microscope couldn't find a scratch on these.

#26 H@D3S

H@D3S

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 25 April 2009 - 07:37 AM

QUOTE(DemisesAngel @ Apr 24 2009, 01:41 PM) View Post

I can't seem to figure out what my disc problem is with this game or it's successor. With both GOW and GOW 2 I get the Dirt Disc Error randomly. I can play any other games for hours on end (which I've done sadly) and never get one of those errors, but with the 1st and 2nd GOW it will randomly shoot one out. It just bugs the shit outta me too because I can tell when it's about to do it. I can hear the drive eventually slow down. It doesn't stop spinning, but spins so slow that I know every time when it will fail.

It would be one thing if I did have scratched discs, but both the original and backup do this and a microscope couldn't find a scratch on these.

My brother is having the same problem with his 360. Gears of war 1 & 2 are the only games that give him problems. They freeze up, and just stop. And give the Error code sometimes.
Both work fine on my 360 a BenQ VAD6038. Haven't had any problems with mine. I don't know what drive is in his.

#27 DemisesAngel

DemisesAngel

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 06:04 PM

My drive is a Samsung (MS-25 Revision). Check this and compare the drives to see what he has in his XBox. If it is a Samsung, then it could just be these drives (only guessing).

XBox Scene's DVD Drive Difference

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users