• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ElPadrino

ElPadrino

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 07:41 AM

i own both the kotor games for xbox and pc and i would really like to learn how to create modded save games for these for xbox.i have tried already editing a pc save game and zipping that up but AR max will not accept it as a valid xbox save game.i have no idea what to do and also i do not have a modded xbox although i am thinking about soft modding it

#2 darth_turtur

darth_turtur

X-S Expert

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 22 January 2007 - 05:30 AM

QUOTE(ElPadrino @ Jan 2 2007, 10:48 PM) View Post

i own both the kotor games for xbox and pc and i would really like to learn how to create modded save games for these for xbox.i have tried already editing a pc save game and zipping that up but AR max will not accept it as a valid xbox save game.i have no idea what to do and also i do not have a modded xbox although i am thinking about soft modding it

Softmodding may not do the trick as you would need to add the mods onto the Kotor 2 directory itself. So it wouldn't be ideal to softmod your Xbox to create modded gamesaves. As for the AR issue, Xbox gamesaves have .sig files associated with them to inform AR that these are legitimate save files, so it wouldn't work saving a PC game to the Xbox (along with a laundry list of why's and why not's).

I'll be updating my links thread to include the last copy of Kotor Tool that can be used for Xbox modding. I'll try to see if i can put together a mini tutorial on its usage as well. Fred Tetra is the creator of this tool, but since he's busy with a lot of other projects, he may not be able to provide support on it.

#3 JT38

JT38

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 07:27 PM

wen i download kotor tool it says it missing files

#4 VoxAngel

VoxAngel

X-S Senior Member

• PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 08:38 AM

KotOR Tool won't function without .NET Framework installed on your system.

http://www.microsoft...;displaylang=en

Check here for the download

#5 JT38

JT38

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 10:23 PM

Thnx Voxangel n wen i use kse333 n i guide it to the save game it says it aint a valid path

#6 VoxAngel

VoxAngel

X-S Senior Member

• PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 06:48 AM

I've never used KSE for editing xbox saves, so I have no idea what the issue might be. The best help you can get with that will be at the Holowan Labs forum, since the guy who created the program is a moderator there.

#7 Ten-96

Ten-96

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 07 July 2007 - 07:28 PM

Using KSE 3.3.3 is alright for making minor changes to xbox saves. First, you'll have to extarct the game save (it will be named 0000001-Slot1 or something similar). Open KSE and locate the folder. Once KSE opens the folder, you'll be able to change any of the Attibutes and Skills to whatever level you'd like. Be careful when changing feats. Make sure that you count the number of feats that the save had and be sure to reallocate the same number of feats - in the order that they appear on the KSE feat list. This is important because some saves will not work if you put feats in the wrong order. Do not add any items because that will casue the save to corrupt. You can change the character's appearance as well. But make sure you match the portrait to the appearance type. You can increase the amount of credits that the character holds as well as change it's light/dark side points. Lastly, there are a few ocasions where you are able to change the name but they are few and far between. After your chagnes, make sure you commit the changes and then exit. Then, delete the original folder (0000001-Slot1 from the .zip archive) and replace it with the folder that you altered. Pull up AR or whichever Xbox save transfer program you use and place the save onto your memory card. Transfer the save to the Xbox and load it. Good luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users