awaddon

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 03 January 2007 - 07:31 PM

Hi guys,

I have been at this for a few days now, since i messed up and flashed my ms25 with a with xtreme 5.0 which was not spoofed for my drive! (duh!), so i was getting E66, then i couldn't re-flash the drive back to original firmware!

After much reading i discovered that i couldnt re-flash the dirve because of the firmlock within the newer firmware i kept getting status 51 should be 70!

So now I know that i need to simply burn the enable0800.iso to disc and insert into the drive for 10 seconds or so before booting my pc! (apparently!!)

The annoying part is that i have tried various make of discs while waiting for a pack of verbatim to turn up which I was certain would sort it out!, and none of the other makes did

Today I went out and bought a nice shiney new Pioneer DVD-111D which is supposed to be the best burner for 360 discs and my Verbatim DL discs turned up today too!

Burnt a nice new verbatim disc using IMGBurn!: - booktype DVDROM, 2.4x speed..... and the damn drive still wont read it

Am I missing something?!!, burning settings etc.

The drive just keeps winding up and down.. up and down! and its drving me nuts coz I can get it sorted!!

Any advice anybody!!, I on the verge of buying a VIA sata card but dont want to if i don't need to!!, and whats to say that wont work!

getting very depressed now! sad.gif

thanks in advance!

#2 spike419

spike419

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 07:52 PM

Hey there, I used the connectivity kit for power but that doesn't matter, what I did was put the 0800 disk in as soon as I turn on my pc and take it out just before it reads the dvd drives and pretty much right after it tests the ram, also since you have the xtreme 5.0 you can try and burn your 0800 disk on a single layer I used dvd-r from futureshop and that did the trick for me, riped 2 games and drive was detected in windows indicating that the 0800 disk did its job. Hope that helps and good luck

* Also you should use Xbox backup creator to burn anything for the 360, it hasn't burnt a single coster yet, where as imgburn and clone cd would sometimes give me problems

Edited by spike419, 03 January 2007 - 07:54 PM.

#3 awaddon

awaddon

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 07:56 PM

Do you have to take the 0800 disc out or can you leave it in?!

Surely once it has read it it could stay in?!

#4 spike419

spike419

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 08:05 PM

This comes directly from the readme of the xtreme 5.1 firmware

Flashing your drive with Xtreme4.x or above firmware installed
----------------------------------------------------------

Plug SATA cable from DVD drive to PC. Power cable drive still connected to Xbox 360

Power on PC

Boot with standard dos boot disk with included mtkflash utility to dos

Power on Xbox 360

Insert Enable0800 disc into drive and wait 10 seconds then eject disc

Run mtkflash as per normal.
Turn on PC and wait for Windows to boot

#5 awaddon

awaddon

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 08:08 PM

Yeah, I know, I tried that!!

I'll give it a few more goes!!, failing that i gues i'll have to get the sata card!!

Thanks!

#6 spike419

spike419

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 08:13 PM

try putting it in as soon as you turn on your pc and taking it out just before the drives get detected, I had probs if I didn't do it like that, bassicaly listen to it read the disk and then remove it about 5-10 secs.

#7 ThunderStruck_U

ThunderStruck_U

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 08:14 PM

Wow....you guys have to research more. I ran into the same issue, save you money and don't burn anymore Enable 0800 disks as they dont work due to the new firm guard. I then tried flashing with out using disk at all. Use the Bad Flash method and you should be ok. Unless you have something else going on like a bad flash.

Thunder

#8 spike419

spike419

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 08:18 PM

The point is is for him not to buy the via card if he doesn't have too, and I had no problems with the enable 0800 disk using 5.1d firmware, dunno about the new 5.2 firmware tho. so that may be an issue, if that is the case then I guess you will need the card after all, I know a site you can get it for $10.50

http://tekgems.com/P...i22-vt6421a.htm

good luck

#9 Sleaze

Sleaze

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 10:43 PM

Did you burn Enable0800 on a DVD+R DL?

#10 bloodtrax

bloodtrax

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 12:13 AM

I had the same problem with my Ms25. I solved it by ejecting the 0800 disc then closing it again quickly before it ejected all the way out. It then read the disc I dont know why this worked for me it just did so give it a go and good luck.

#11 crazy098

crazy098

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 02:28 AM

Yeah, I had pretty muc the same problem. Took me about a week to get everything working. Would be nice if they put it in bold tpye in the readme : MS-28 ONLY. It does say it there though. Anyway, I basically did what everyone said about ejecting the disc. Here's a previous post with what I did:

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=576044

#12 mrjkwik

mrjkwik

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,483 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 04 January 2007 - 03:41 AM

food for thought:

make sure its on a dual layer disc, i'm pretty sure you did this. if what else i suggest doesnt work, you may want to burn the disc again, using a different method (i used imgburn also.)

when a m25 is flashed with 5.x, it BECOMES a m28.

another method to try, boot up pc, boot up 360, put in the command for mtkflash, then, before selecting your drive number (as in master), put in enable disc, let it spin up for 15 (10 wouldnt work for me) seconds, then eject, then hit your drive number.

if nothing else works, sure, get the via card. personally, i guess i'm fortunate. i dont have a via chipset, i have the one everyone says wont/or hardly ever works. but its worked for me everytime. and i just flashed it 5 days ago and yesterday.

goodluck man.

#13 mistermega

mistermega

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 142 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 04:35 AM

QUOTE(ThunderStruck_U @ Jan 3 2007, 02:21 PM) View Post

Wow....you guys have to research more. I ran into the same issue, save you money and don't burn anymore Enable 0800 disks as they dont work due to the new firm guard. I then tried flashing with out using disk at all. Use the Bad Flash method and you should be ok. Unless you have something else going on like a bad flash.
Thunder

You are misinforming people. I know in my post and another about this you gave the same answer about enable0800 not working. When infact it DOES work with the new firmware. Do some more research. The point of the enable0800 disc is to DISABLE the firmguard.

Edited by mistermega, 04 January 2007 - 04:38 AM.

#14 Insideous

Insideous

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 06:18 AM

I was gonna start a thread that MIGHT be along the lines of this one, so i decided to post in here.
I have an nforce chipset, the kind that needs the via for a true ms28 to be flashed.i have an ms25 drive.using the 0800 disc i've flashed from 4.0 to 5.0 with no problem.
i just tried to upgrade to 5.2 and ran into a problem.
i turned my 360 on first, then pc.inserted the disc..took it out..DID NOT SEE THE 360 MIDDLE LIGHT CONTINUALLY BLINK.
the flash said failure.
now i don't know if it's due to the 360 not being in 0800 mode or not.
here's why.
the read me says:

Run "mtkflash w /m x52x.bin.bin" where x is a,b,c or d.

i changed my orig.bin to x52D using the provided X360SAM program.

after running the 0800 disc, i typed in "mtkflash w /m x52d.bin.bin"

am i supposed to type in "x52d.bin.bin"?
or is that a typo and its supposed to be "x52d.bin"?

also, when they say "where x is a,b,c or d. ", does that mean i should type:

d52d.bin (or d52d.bin.bin depending on which is appropriate)?

or, being that X360SAM created "x52D", should i capitalize "D" when i type it in whatever the appropiate manner is to flash the drive?

perhaps, if i mistyped what i was suppose to in terms of flashing my drive, it may help the starter of this thread in case he/she did something similiar.
so any clarity would go a mile.

Edited by Insideous, 04 January 2007 - 06:19 AM.

#15 kalle_19

kalle_19

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 05:05 PM

What do you mean with "needs the via to be flashed"?

I have the exact same problem. Do you need a via card to flash a ms25(flashed with xtreme 5.0)?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users