1 reply to this topic

#1 pigdig

pigdig

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 10:57 PM

Whats up everybody!

Well after reading various methods of detecting the TS drive (ms28), i opted for the solderless method and so picked up a Via 6421a chipset from ebay. Well I got it yesterday, installed it fine (detected in windows and everything), so I use extremeboot maker and selected all the options including making a custom mtk flash for the viachipset and blah blah.. So i then unplugged everything in my pc and plugged the sammy drive into the via sata card. I then proceeded with the 10 second method, now here is where my problem comes, after selecting the port (1) and waiting the 10 seconds and then turning my 360 back on, the pc does nothing. It just hangs with the little cursor blinking. I tried different time methods, I don't really know what to do from here on.. according to textbook it should immediately dump but i guess not.. hahah..

My specs:

Asus A8N-Sli
Via sata card (6421a)
Amd 3500+ (socket 939)
1 gig dual channel ddr400

Can anyone help me???

Thanks!!

#2 julagroggen

julagroggen

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 12:07 AM

be sure to do it in the right order:

hook up the ms28 to your via 6421a card.

with 360 turned OFF:
1. power on pc with bootdisk (floppy, cd or usb) as first boot priority
2. when booted to dos and you see C:\> turn your 360 on
3. do the mtkflash r /m orig.bin
4. now, before choosing the right port (which you describe being 1 in your case) turn the 360 off
5. once it is turned off, choose sata port
6. count to 10 or somewhere close
7. turn on the xbox
8. dump is starting, doing 0-100% a couple of times blah blah you probably know the rest wink.gif

Edited by julagroggen, 04 January 2007 - 12:14 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users