• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Darkstar_ink

Darkstar_ink

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 10:54 PM

So here is my problem. i have some mods done to my xbox (XBMC dash, custom jewel, hardwired red front led, power/eject switched, extra fans)but... under the led i am looking to sand out the XBOX logo and put some leds under so just the letters glow. but i am wondering which wires (from the powersupply)are power and which is ground and also will i have any trouble with things like the rest of the box not getting the correct voltage because of the leds

any links or pics are very welcome

#2 hellogoodbye2

hellogoodbye2

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 04 January 2007 - 10:57 PM

follow the molex wires to the psu. the molex wires are the 4. older versions have red black dark green yellow. others have something else but basically the same, reds + blacks -

use the red for 5v +
use the yellow for 12v +

ground is any of the shielding, screws on the mobo, ect. you can solder your ground wire to that.

#3 voltagefreak

voltagefreak

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Location:12 min. from school, 25 ft from xbox, 29 from computer, 0.000 from myself :-)
  • Interests:XBOX, HIGH VOLTAGE, ELECTRONICS, HOLOGRAPHY, LASERS, PAINTBALL, SPORTS
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 04 January 2007 - 10:57 PM

yellow = 12V
black (both of them) = grounds
red = 5V

#4 williamsa0000

williamsa0000

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Interests:being with my Girlfriend
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 04 January 2007 - 11:00 PM

There are hundreds of posts and a few tuts which tell you this, just have a look around man.

QUOTE(voltagefreak @ Jan 4 2007, 10:04 PM) View Post

yellow = 12V
black (both of them) = grounds
red = 5V

Not all xbox's are like this, some use purple and some use orange or maybe brown i dont know but some are different.

#5 voltagefreak

voltagefreak

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Location:12 min. from school, 25 ft from xbox, 29 from computer, 0.000 from myself :-)
  • Interests:XBOX, HIGH VOLTAGE, ELECTRONICS, HOLOGRAPHY, LASERS, PAINTBALL, SPORTS
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 05 January 2007 - 12:56 AM

Not all xbox's are like this, some use purple and some use orange or maybe brown i dont know but some are different.

huh...never seen that before, what versions are they???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users