PS3Scene

X-S Freak

• Admin
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 05:38 AM

Force Feedback on PS3? Not So Much
Posted by XanTium | 4-1-2007 23:38 EST

From 1up.com:

Sony Computer Entertainment America confirmed that there would be no supported force feedback technology with its PlayStation 3. They told 1UP the following:
"All PS3 games are programmed for the SIXAXIS which doesn't have force feedback, therefore the force feedback in the wheels won't be recognized."

Read More: 1up.com

#2 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,466 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 05 January 2007 - 12:13 PM

well that sucks... wont any of the next gen consoles truly support force feedback?

-PS3 - not at all
-360 - only on the official MS wheel which is way over priced and reportedly crap quality for the price.
-Wii - their idea of a "wheel" is a plastic circle that snaps around the remote... LAME

this seems like the worst generation for hardcore racing fans yet.

#3 bonevichio

bonevichio

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 454 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 05 January 2007 - 01:15 PM

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Jan 5 2007, 12:20 PM) View Post

I have to agree. As a nascar fan I was looking forward to a good next-gen racing game in nascar 2008. No force feedback with a wheel kinda sux.

#4 VariableElite

VariableElite

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 582 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 05 January 2007 - 04:39 PM

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Jan 5 2007, 05:20 AM) View Post

well that sucks... wont any of the next gen consoles truly support force feedback?

-PS3 - not at all
-360 - only on the official MS wheel which is way over priced and reportedly crap quality for the price.
-Wii - their idea of a "wheel" is a plastic circle that snaps around the remote... LAME

I dunno, twisted, I'm loving my MS racing wheel. As I'm not a hardcore racer (I love racing games, but I tend to suck at them), I don't have much to compare it to, but since racing with it I've won several races that I would've lost at on a 360 controller.

I can't comment on the price, as I traded in a recently-launched Sony console that was doing little more than collecting dust for it (among other things [ + (A) : 1 2 |]) ph34r.gif

I really can't wait for Forza 2 to come out now. sad.gif

Edited by VariableElite, 05 January 2007 - 04:41 PM.

#5 mlmadmax

mlmadmax

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 05 January 2007 - 07:23 PM

This totally blows, Gran Tourismo with no force feedback, WTF.

I went thru two microsoft wheels before I gave up on it, the build quality is terible and it doesn't have full rotation. I have the logitech for my ps2 and it is far superior in so many ways, and two years old. I would have much rather them made a quality wired controller than a wireless one that you still have to plug in twice.

#6 epsilon72

epsilon72

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,213 posts
  • Interests:updating my interests section of my profile
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 06 January 2007 - 12:37 AM

Honestly, I don't really care about force feedback. I didn't use it on my 360 even before I bought my PS3. I remember back in the 64 days (stone of agony in Zelda: OoT biggrin.gif) it was kind of cool, but I'd rather play without it now. I can see how this is a disappointment for some people though.

Edited by epsilon72, 06 January 2007 - 12:39 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users