#1 BenC

BenC

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 05 January 2007 - 09:06 AM

Hi, I have just finished GOW on casual mode, im just wondering if there are any advantages of doing the game again on hardcore or insane modes.....will anymore levels be unlocked or any cool achievements?

Thanks

#2 Foe-hammer

Foe-hammer

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, body building, video games
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 05 January 2007 - 09:27 AM

I'll tell you one advantage, it's a hell of a lot more fun on insane.

Insane made it more fun, but not frustrating (unlike many games on their highest difficulty setting).

#3 greenday54261

greenday54261

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 844 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b

Posted 05 January 2007 - 11:50 AM

You get an achievement for every level you complete on a difficulty level.

For example: Completing Act 1 on Casual gets you an achievement for 10 gamer points. If you go back and beat the level again on Hardcore, you get a different achievement worth 20 points. And on Insane the achievement is worth 30 points.

I strongly suggest you find a co-op partner to do Insane with, and it can be useful to have someone with you for Hardcore too.

#4 BenC

BenC

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 05 January 2007 - 12:23 PM

So apart from gamer points there is no real advantage other than the game being more challenging?

#5 Foe-hammer

Foe-hammer

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, body building, video games

Posted 05 January 2007 - 01:06 PM

QUOTE(BenC @ Jan 5 2007, 04:30 AM) View Post

So apart from gamer points there is no real advantage other than the game being more challenging?

In GoW the added difficulty not only makes it more challenging, but with that it requires more strategy. This all combines to make the game much more fun, imo. Not all games do this when the difficulty is increased, but with Gears it does much.

#6 jabroniekilla

jabroniekilla

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,008 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 03:16 PM

I consider myself a normal/medium difficulty player. there are few games that I can stand the frustration of beating on hard. GoW was totally different on insane. All the levels and everything are the same but the way you have to play to beat the game is crazy. fun crazy. There is no better satisfaction then taking down a corpser on insane, or finally clearing the pumping station on insane. I found myself unloading 2 clips on one guy just to kill him. you have to take different strategies. I think insane was how this game was meant to be played. you should definately give it a try.

#7 briguymaine

briguymaine

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 06:01 PM

I just finished Casual too. I found it to be satisfying but sort of easy and short, as has been reported. I started Hardcore in an attempt to find the 20 or so COG tags that I missed the first time through, (I didn't realize what the logos meant until about half way through!)

I'm going through for the points only. I think part of the thrill will be gone because now I know when to expect all hell to break loose, for the most part.

#8 Vfreitas

Vfreitas

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 16 January 2007 - 07:21 PM

I played through the first two acts on Casual and found it way too easy. So I just went back and started off on Hardcore. Like everyone says, it's defiently a whole different game experience on Insane, you take on a whole other strategy. It's no longer spary & pray with a few moments of running for cover to regain health. It's pretty much frantically running to the best cover, gaining the better position/higher ground, and predicting movements. Also, from my experience atleast, grenades have become my best friend. I've been getting nasty with grenade placement, and if you get a good one you can save yourself ALOT of time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users