• Admin
  • 5,201 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 05 January 2007 - 05:39 PM

XCM Multi-Component Cable v2 Preview
Posted by XanTium | January 5 11:39 EST

From the press release:

www.xcmlive.com presents to the gaming media a first view at the upcoming XCM multi-component cable which will support Xbox 360, Wii, PS3 and PS2 formats. At the flick of a switch gamers can toggle between their console displays, a great set-up if PS2 owners can't bear to completely part with the 'old generation' and also ideal for those with a mixture of 'next generation' systems. The sheer quality of this versatile cable will optimize any textures and gaming visuals, making it a must-have for all gamers.

Xbox-Scene
For now the media and gamers are welcomed to view the 'in action' video of this product. Stay tuned for a news follow-up relatively soon, with complete specifications, pricing and availability!

Official Site: www.xcmlive.com and www.teamxtender.com

#2 Nubbs

Nubbs

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 04:54 PM

Holy crap. Do these guys ever quit? lol

Awesome ideah though.

#3 rasstar

rasstar

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 400 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 05 January 2007 - 04:58 PM

These things always perform like crap. Will this do any better? i doubt it....

#4 ndsbass

ndsbass

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 440 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b

Posted 05 January 2007 - 05:01 PM

i wish it supported the original xbox....

#5 DemiGod

DemiGod

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 05 January 2007 - 05:12 PM

this is just what i need biggrin.gif solves both my one component issue as well as the total nightmare of the cables

#6 VerbatimDL24X

VerbatimDL24X

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 05:16 PM

WOW NOW I CAN BE TOTALY A SPAZ AND PLAY 5 min of XBOX AND 5 min OF PS3 then 5 min OF Wii WITHOUT EVER TURNING THEM OFF!!!! YES!!!! I HAVE BEEN WAITNG FOR THIS FOR EVER!!!!!

YES! YES!!!!

wat a peice of useless crap

#7 dedzombie

dedzombie

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 05 January 2007 - 05:28 PM

I dont think its so much for people with ADD as much as people with limited component inputs on their TV and for some reason or another havent gotten a switch, some entertainment centers make it a little difficult to pull the TV out and switch cables..

#8 0794

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts
  • Interests:medicine, engineering, Jeeps, technology, automobiles, and just about everything...

Posted 05 January 2007 - 05:46 PM

This product has a good idea in theory, but I can bet that this product will perform very poorly and with no support for the original xbox, I have no need for this product...wonder how much it'll cost as well.

#9 mike96sc2

mike96sc2

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,728 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 05 January 2007 - 05:54 PM

QUOTE(794 @ Jan 5 2007, 10:53 AM) View Post

This product has a good idea in theory, but I can bet that this product will perform very poorly and with no support for the original xbox, I have no need for this product...wonder how much it'll cost as well.

Actually Mad Catz makes an adapter to connect the Xbox to regular PS2 cables.

My thing is though won't like an established company make an similar cable assuming they haven't already? I know I had one cord for my consoles for years. Furthermore, if you're going want to use your component cables for the best picture do you what what appear to be unshielded non-gold plated cables?

#10 sheepie

sheepie

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 07:19 PM

i use the old version in combo with a 360 xbox and ps2, works fine. only down side i have is that my screen is wall mounted and the switch is half way down the wall.not ideal as i wanted to have hidden wires on my set up.

good thing about this one it supports wii, crap thing is no xbox support grr.gif stupid mistake on xcm`s part i think alot peeps still prefer xbmc over thing ps3 and x360 can give us atm #

#11 big_boludo

big_boludo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 07:36 PM

QUOTE(mike96sc2 @ Jan 5 2007, 06:01 PM) View Post

Actually Mad Catz makes an adapter to connect the Xbox to regular PS2 cables.

My thing is though won't like an established company make an similar cable assuming they haven't already? I know I had one cord for my consoles for years. Furthermore, if you're going want to use your component cables for the best picture do you what what appear to be unshielded non-gold plated cables?

Gold plating is a gimmick. The cable is made of copper wire:

<gold terminal><copper wire><gold terminal> The weakest link here is the copper wire. I'll bet you a million bucks you couldn't tell the difference between a 360 hooked up with the microsoft cables vs this XCM cable.

#12 dinzy

dinzy

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 08:37 PM

QUOTE(ndsbass @ Jan 5 2007, 05:08 PM) View Post

No shit. Terrible omission on their part. My Tv has 3 component inputs. These cables could help a lot.

And I fail to see how these could not perform well. As long as they are shielded they will be adequate. I don't know why people think they need to waste money on thick as honking cables to run a signal 6-10 ft. These must be the same a_holes that blow 100+ bucks on cables at Best Buy. And I don't know what's worse in that situation. Is it the a_holes selling those cables or the moron buying them? I guess it's the former because the latter doesn't know any better. FFS it's not like the signal is going to degrade over 10 feet of copper or that you have a cell phone tower behind your frickin' tv

#13 Jelly4000

Jelly4000

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 461 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 05 January 2007 - 09:31 PM

If this comes to the UK, i will be buying one, well, probably anyway.

Reason being; i have a dvd player and sometimes 360 vying for the component spots on my tv lounge, and a ps2 and wii one composite cables at the moment. With this, i could stop having to unlug them, except when i want to watch a dvd, and see the wii and ps2 over component, for much less than the two cables would be individualy.

#14 dreamwraithd6

dreamwraithd6

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 10:38 PM

QUOTE(ndsbass @ Jan 5 2007, 08:08 AM) View Post

Agreed. Then it would be useful to me.

#15 dreamwraithd6

dreamwraithd6

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 11:15 PM

QUOTE(dinzy @ Jan 5 2007, 11:44 AM) View Post

No shit. Terrible omission on their part. My Tv has 3 component inputs. These cables could help a lot.

And I fail to see how these could not perform well. As long as they are shielded they will be adequate. I don't know why people think they need to waste money on thick as honking cables to run a signal 6-10 ft. These must be the same a_holes that blow 100+ bucks on cables at Best Buy. And I don't know what's worse in that situation. Is it the a_holes selling those cables or the moron buying them? I guess it's the former because the latter doesn't know any better. FFS it's not like the signal is going to degrade over 10 feet of copper or that you have a cell phone tower behind your frickin' tv

While gold plating in and of itself does not a good cable make, as a general rule, cables with a gold plated connector tend to be of a higher quality, thus the general misconception that gold plated connector = moer bettar. However, given a high grade high quality well shielded cabling going in between the connectors, gold plating WILL provide a more solid connection than plain steel or aluminum. So would copper actually, but the reason they don't simply do copper plating is for two reasons, the first being function, the second being marketing: copper has a much higher rate of tarnish, and gold looks more pretty and sounds better.

Generally, it is the quality of the internal cable+shielding that makes the difference. And there is a HUGE difference visually between my original MS HD Component AV box+cables, and my Monster Xbox HD Component Cable. It is like night and day when switching between the two quality wise.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users