Norkusa

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 06 January 2007 - 11:23 PM

First off, let me apologize for asking one of the biggest n00b questions of all-time but I searched EVERYWHERE and can't find an answer even after searching Xbox-Scene for over an hour. The Emulator FAQ links are broken and I'm getting errors while using the 'Search' function. Newbie Chat FAQ's wasn't any help either. If anyone can be kind enough to at least point me in the right direction, I'd really appreciate it.

I recently purchased a pre-moded Xbox from someone online (Xecutor2 w/ EvolutionX + 80gb HD). The emulators that came pre-installed on it though were out-of-date and needed to be updated with the latest versions. No problem. So I download all the emulators I wanted and set up FTP with the Xbox. FTP is working and I can send files from/to the Xbox, but I have no idea where the new emulators go.

Common sense tells me to place them in the Xbox's 'F' folder where the rest of the emulators are but they aren't showing up in the dashboard after I do this. For example, I download the Atari7800 (v3) emulator. After unraring it, I placed the folder named 'Atari7800' and all its contents in the Xbox's 'F' folder but nothing is showing up in my Emulators dashboard. Checked the other folders (C, D, E, X, Y, Z) and didn't see anything in these that look related to the emulators. uhh.gif

Anyway, I'm really stumped here and don't know what else to do. Any tips? Sorry again for the idiot question but I looked everywhere before posting and couldn't find an answer.

#2 theperfekt001

theperfekt001

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,044 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 07 January 2007 - 05:15 AM

Post the [menu] section of your evox.ini here and I will tell you where to put it.
Or if you want to figure it out for yourself...
Let's say when you choose 'Emulators' from the menu your emulators show up. In your [Menu] section look for a section similar to this
CODE
        Section "Emulators"
        {
            AutoAddItem "f:\emulators\"
            SortAll
        }

In this case, you would put your new emulators in f:\emulators. An example path to an emulator xbe would be f:\emulators\surreal64\default.xbe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users