X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts
  • Interests:PWNING NOOBS
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 08 January 2007 - 01:49 AM

I have an HP slimlineS7000C model#s7627c. . .If you know what this computer is than you would understand just how small it is. . .I have my 111D drive. . .and My Samsung also. . .

1)What I am wondering is how I can hook both my Pioneer 111D, and my Samsung up to this "specific" computer externally. . .I would be ever so happy to find a link to some product that will grant me these wishes I would be real happy. (couldnt find. . . HERE )

2)Also inside of my computer is a Samsung Drive Model#TS-H652 DL burner. Wondering if anyone has had there own personal experiance with this drive at all??

3)But I just got my Pioneer 111D in and should get my (samsung pre flashed with kreon firmware) from xboxman tomorrow!! but I cannot figure out how to ook these drives op too my computer. . .ANY HELP WOULD BE NICE!!

Soon I will be backing these bad boys up. . .

Edited by DADDYDjCK, 08 January 2007 - 02:01 AM.

#2 dstmo

dstmo

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 134 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 08 January 2007 - 01:58 AM

Just buy a couple IDE to USB2 external 5.25" cases. Put your Sammy and Pioneer in the cases and hook to your PC via USB2.

While my Pioneer is hooked up internally, I use my Sammy externally to backup my games and it works great.

-- dstmo

#3 DADDYDjCK

DADDYDjCK

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 02:03 AM

QUOTE(dstmo @ Jan 7 2007, 06:05 PM) View Post

Just buy a couple IDE to USB2 external 5.25" cases. Put your Sammy and Pioneer in the cases and hook to your PC via USB2.

While my Pioneer is hooked up internally, I use my Sammy externally to backup my games and it works great.

-- dstmo

Do you possibly have a link to this wonderful product you speak of. . .or perhaps any other Ideas??

#4 donni

donni

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 02:25 AM

You can buy 5.25 inch USB 2.0 external drive enclosure at Amazon.com. I bought this product : CP-UE-505 to connect Samsung SH-162C drive externally, it is cheap and works perfectly. I hope this information helpful smile.gif

#5 DADDYDjCK

DADDYDjCK

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 02:42 AM

QUOTE(donni @ Jan 7 2007, 06:32 PM) View Post

You can buy 5.25 inch USB 2.0 external drive enclosure at Amazon.com. I bought this product : CP-UE-505 to connect Samsung SH-162C drive externally, it is cheap and works perfectly. I hope this information helpful smile.gif

Okay. . .may sound stupid. . .but with THIS PRODUCT I can simply take my Pioneer 111D drive with "no cords or cables) whatsoever and plug it right into this external drive and it will then plug right in to my computer by USB 2.0. . .sounds too good to be true. . .so now what would I do about my samsung that must be outside of the computer and open in order to hotswap??

would THIS possibly work??

Edited by DADDYDjCK, 08 January 2007 - 02:57 AM.

#6 prplehz

prplehz

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts
  • Interests:Romance, Audio/Video, Computers, Video Games, Skiing, Swimming.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 08 January 2007 - 03:00 AM

Just buy two of those and put one drive in each. Then either plug them into 2 available usb 2.0 ports or get a 2.0 usb hub, or last but not least you can just use the samsung to rip the disk, then unplug it and plug in the Pioneer to burn the image you ripped.

#7 DADDYDjCK

DADDYDjCK

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 03:05 AM

QUOTE(prplehz @ Jan 7 2007, 07:07 PM) View Post

Just buy two of those and put one drive in each. Then either plug them into 2 available usb 2.0 ports or get a 2.0 usb hub, or last but not least you can just use the samsung to rip the disk, then unplug it and plug in the Pioneer to burn the image you ripped.

Okay. . .that sounds nice but I would like to keep my current disc drive (Samsung Drive Model#TS-H652 DL burner) in my computer because it has the ability to burn lightscribe. . .or is there a firmware that can change my Pioneer 111D to allow it to burn lightscribe??

Edited by DADDYDjCK, 08 January 2007 - 03:07 AM.

#8 sosotiit

sosotiit

X-S Transcendental

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,034 posts
  • Interests:Techno gadgets and espresso coffee
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 08 January 2007 - 03:06 AM

DADDYDjCK

There is no hotswap with a sh-d162c, you simply use xboxcreator , put the disk in, press start.
tutorial on xbox creator with sh-d162c starts on page 77 of this document.

moved to newbie forum.

rgds,soso

Edited by sosotiit, 08 January 2007 - 03:07 AM.

#9 DADDYDjCK

DADDYDjCK

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 09:24 PM

QUOTE(sosotiit @ Jan 7 2007, 07:13 PM) View Post

DADDYDjCK

There is no hotswap with a sh-d162c, you simply use xboxcreator , put the disk in, press start.
tutorial on xbox creator with sh-d162c starts on page 77 of this document.

moved to newbie forum.
rgds,soso

This is very nice too know. . .I have just ordered a few of the Internal to external USB 2.0 Enclosure cases that I am going to put both drives in. . .thanks and if you have any other advice I would be glad to hear it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users