2 replies to this topic

#1 johnymons

johnymons

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 03:46 PM

Hey kids,

ok I've searched the forums for help with this game, but nothing has worked so far. Maybe some nice moderators could look into it and finally get it sorted out !!

So, heres my specs: xbox v1.6b, xecuter 2.6CE flashed with M8plus_16, dash is evolutionx 3935.

What I've tried so far : Ripping the disc with craxtion4 to pc, making the iso with craxtion, patching the iso with craxtion and burning at 2.4x with dvddecrypter. The game intro loads fine, but when I go to load a mission, the game crashes just after the saucer flies to earth in the pre-mission intro. Am using verbatim dvd-r. Have also tried dvd+r and also freezing at the same point.

Have used dvd2xbox and it plays fine from the hdd.

I HAVE tried all the usual fixes in the troubleshooting guide (clock set, deleting cache, deleting saved games, IGR is off). I've tried the enigmah videomode switch fix but no luck there either, I've tried disabling TSR in evox. I previously had the bios flashed with x2.5035, and it didnt work then either.

Anyone have any ideas/suggestions?

#2 johnymons

johnymons

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 08:08 PM

ok after burning 20 coasters, I finally got it workin!!! Figured out that using craxtion or any other patching program was making the game crash. Weird I know, but the game wouldnt work with a patched xbe. I ftp'd the files to pc, then back to xbox. Played in unpatched form from the hdd, worked perfect. Then I replaced the xbe file with a patched xbe file and it started freezin again. Did this for craxtion4 and xiso. All the patched xbe files made the game freeze. So guess patching when not needed can be a problem. And burned to cheap ass tevion dvd+r and it play perfect. Using craxtion version 3, it told me the game didnt need patching.

#3 Xombe

Xombe

X-S Xbox Xombe

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,198 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 09 January 2007 - 01:55 AM

You would have gotten a (better) reply had you posted in the proper forum. Such as the Backups forum.

Closed: Not hacking related.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users