• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#31 HYJiNX

HYJiNX

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 January 2004 - 05:44 PM

I ordered a X2.3 Lite + from them on December 28th, 2003 and opted for the Overnight Fedex. It is being shipped to the US. On their website it says that the they will ship US orders in 18-24 hours if you pay for the 12.95 Fedex Overnight. When I recieved my confirmation email and my tracking number, it said that my package was sceduled to be shipped on Jan05. Jan05?? This was a full week after my order... Why am I paying overnight for something that is going to take a week to ship?

I emailed them on Dec 29th asking them about the ship date and I just wanted an explanation of why it was going to take so long to ship (when they say that there shipping department is unaffected by the holidays). When you fill out a contact request there are multiple warnings, warning you to only send one email about any particular question and that it could take them upto 72 hours to reply. So, I waited a full 7 days and heard nothing (I figured I would wait until Jan05 to see if it actually shipped or not).

Jan05 came around and I checked fedex's website. To my suprise it had been updated and it now said that the expected delivery date of my package was Jan06, 10:30 AM. Hell Yes!! I was excited so I made plans to be home the morning of Jan06 to make sure that I was able to recieve the package from the Fedex man. 9:30, 10:00, 10:30, 11:00... still no Fedex. I checked the the tracking info again and it said, "No Scan information is available for this package at this time." This essentially means that the package had'nt been moving anywhere and most likely had'nt even been put on a truck.

So, I called Fedex and talked to a Support Rep. She told me that the package had not even been picked up yet. That modchip.ca had not requested a pickup for this particular package. At this point I am getting seriously annoyed. I emailed them in the evening on Jan06 explaining that I had not even heard back since I sent my initial email on the December 29th and explained that I was'nt satisfied with the way that I was being treated and I also informed them of how dissapointed I was that they would claim 18-24hour delivery and then not even come close to making that happen. It is now the afternoon of Jan07 and I still have not recieved a reply. I just sent them a request for their phone number via their request form and I'm hoping they will atleast be decent enough to discuss this with me over the phone. I have tried to remain professional throughout this whole ordeal, but my patience is quickly running thin.

IF ANYONE HAS THERE NUMBER PLEASE EMAIL IT TO ME AT knorthcu@spsu.edu !!!!

#32 figdish

figdish

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 January 2004 - 06:25 PM

Kinda disappointed - their stock on their site says " Fully In Stock!!!!" yet when I received my shipping response it directs me to a page saying my chip was back ordered w/ no forseeable in-stock date. I decided to spend a little more money to buy from these guys because they said they actually had the chip in stock, I could theoretically have it the next day, and they have good feedback here. Now I'm contemplating cancelling my order and waiting for system-mods.com to get their stock in as they seem a whole lot more forthcoming with their availablity, not to mention 20 bucks less. We'll see-

1/8/04 I now think I may have caught them on the cusp of running out of stock. Everyone is out of stock, so I'll just wait. They have since updated their website to reflect their lack of stock. They are currently exhibiting good communication of their situation.

Edited by figdish, 08 January 2004 - 05:02 PM.

#33 HYJiNX

HYJiNX

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 January 2004 - 06:31 PM

Ok, I received the aphone number from someone that will remain anonymous. I want to personally thank that person though, because it turns out that the number he gave me was the owner's home phone number. He seemed a little suprised to hear from me as he asked, "who gave you this number", but he graciously gave me the number to the modchip.ca office and I was able to get in touch with someone up there named Mark, who informed me that they are in fact OUT OF STOCK of most all Xbox chips. He said that everyone was out of stock because of an IC shortage in Asia and that it would be another 1-2 weeks before they recieved any. He is sending me a link to their back order page that will keep me up to date on when they recieve new shipments.

See, all I wanted was a little *$&*%(#*$& communication. I'm completely fine with waiting, I just wanted to know what the hell was going on. I'm happy again, they just need to keep their page updated regularly and tell people that these chips are OUT OF STOCK and not "Fully in Stock" like they claim. Jesus!

#34 saveth

saveth

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 January 2004 - 02:10 AM

great so it will be a week or two before I get my chip. I guess I don't really mind waiting but I wish they would refund some money since I went with the overnight while being given a false status on the chip. That is just bad business habits. They had no problem putting the status as in stock when I ordered it yesterday so what is the problem with simply switching that to out of stock. You could change the status in a couple seconds to say out of stock estimated time of arrival 1 to 2 weeks. That is just lazyness on there part.

#35 Big Booger

Big Booger

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 08 January 2004 - 05:38 AM

We have cancelled your order as requested. Nothing was charged to your credit card.

Modchip.Ca.

Well they are pretty good about the emails at least on my end. Try sending them another message.

tongue.gif

#36 saveth

saveth

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 January 2004 - 06:12 AM

I honestly can't believe these chips are going so fast. I also ordered mine on modchip.ca on the 6th and haven't heard anything back yet as far as a confirmation email goes. It does say on there backorder page shipment will go out to Credit Card users first then COD's if stock left. But honestly does everyone who has an xbox have a modchip in it?

#37 Rob155

Rob155

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 January 2004 - 07:17 AM

well I ordered my x lite plus from them 12/29. At the time it said in stock, and I think until the last few days it has said "in stock". At the minimum, these people are biting off more than they can chew to keep ahead of the competition. All the other places said "out of stock" so I naturally ordered here. Lazy or worse to say the least.

In any case, I've tried to figure out what was going on for a week, without emailing them. After a week and not seeing a THING with their tracking feature, I figured something was up so I emailed them. Got a form letter saying to wait basically. Nice thing seeing a disclaimer for an online business saying it could take 72 hours for a reply. Think they assume people are fooled into thinking that email gets to them by way of telegram. Strike 2.

So far in from receipt of order to their mass email response to the delay, they give this website: http://www.modchip.ca/bo1.html
And this is what disturbs me most of all, and I quote:
"If you order tracking number doesnt work its not shipped and you need to check this page for details - PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL ASKING ABOUT HTE ORDER THIS WILL CAUSE YOUR ORDER TO PEND LAST AND POSSIBLY NOT BE SHIPPED."

What online retailer, that has so far failed in updating it's in stock (to me it looks as if a bait method to make sure you buy from them), then tells you if you ask about it's status after being mislead and put on hold that if you even ASK about where it is or what is going on, you will be bumped to the bottom of the list or possibly not even be sent it????
WTF IS THAT?

AND I WAS ALREADY CHARGED!!
THEY HAVE MY MONEY, MISLEAD ME ON IT'S AVAILABILITY, AND THREATEN MORE PROBLEMS IF YOU ASK ABOUT IT?

That to me is absurd, and all those problems are the exact reason why people are scared of ordering online. I have never had any online company in all my transaction pull those in unison, and none ever give a warning (AFTER DELAY) that I shouldn't ask about the situation.

I'm crossing my fingers, and will give it to the end of january. I'm somewhat reassured by a few of the positive comments from earlier on this company, but from my perspective right now, this is either a company in shambles losing it's grip on customer satisfaction and business ethics, or a last ditch scam operation.

#38 Rob155

Rob155

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 January 2004 - 07:45 AM

Just checked around some more. Mods4less lists that exact chip as an eta of 1/10/04, as modchip.ca recently added to their post site says it will be in stock for shipment 1/16/04. Of interest here is modchip.ca's claim, on that same site:
"We have prepaid for the inventory to ensure we will always be the first to have stock."
And they charge about $15 more.....sigh. More and more not looking too good. I'm waiting for a return email from mods4less for a guarantee I will be shipped immediately and to confirm availability status for listed date, and I'm cancelling my order with modchip.ca. Why pay more, get charged before something is shipped, warned not to ask questions, be mislead on availability, and worse.

#39 Mr_Beefy

Mr_Beefy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 09 January 2004 - 10:19 AM

for all you guys that just ordered you modchips is Jan. 2004, good luck. I am still waiting for mine that was ordered before christmas from modchip.ca. Their site siad fully in stock back on Dec. 22/03 when I ordered when in fact they were COMPLETELY OUT OF STOCK. This has been one of the worst online experiences ever. They could have solved all this by not being lazy and updated their webpage. Also they were quick enough to charge me for the chip. They billed my credit card the day I ordered, almost 3 weeks ago and my chip still hasen't even been shipped yet. I also paid for express shipping which was a mistake as I don't see over 2 weeks as being express delivery. I would NEVER buy from them again just becuase of poor bussiness practices. I have sent them a couple email's and the resonses I received were basically just telling me to piss off and wait the order will be shipped when we get stock. I only just received an estimated delivery date today which stills seems to be at least another week bringing the total to almost a month for a modchip. Nice express delivery eh!! Anyways my advice for anyone thinking of ordering through this site is to look elsewhere as you can see there a many unsatisfied customers and they do not seem to care.
Kirk Daurie
PS I am emailing a link to this thread to them.

#40 kevhonda

kevhonda

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 09 January 2004 - 07:34 PM

ordered from them b/c the website says "FULLY IN STOCK" then recieved an email stating they are on back order "expected in 2 weeks" but they still charged the card however they are very responsive w/ the emails and they are offering to place the money back on the card since their website wasnt updated. dunno who has them in stock though could someone point me in the right direction

#41 GameGuru1

GameGuru1

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 581 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 11 January 2004 - 01:57 AM

I've only ordered from these guys once, but I was impressed. Good service and prices. I got my order only a few days later, so I recommend them. biggrin.gif

#42 johnjohn13

johnjohn13

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 January 2004 - 12:39 AM

modchip.ca - install $125 CAN(DMS3+v7) THAT"S RIGHT ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY FIVE DOLLARS

they can kiss my... grr.gif

If they keep hitting me with those kind of prices pretty soon i'm going to be punch drunk

johnjohn13 tongue.gif

#43 Rob155

Rob155

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 January 2004 - 11:30 AM

Well they claim they will be receiving their next shipment of the chips between Jan 12-14. AND COULD be sending out the backorders by the 16th. I will give them to the 16th, then say screw it and cancel my order. If they have lied or mislead up until now, it isn't going to get better or faster by then. It will put my wait time at over 2 weeks, and considering they blow people off after not being honest, charge the cards, and threaten to remove you to bottom of wait list or not send if you ask, it's just not worth rewarding ethics like that. I'll start the wait over somewhere else and take another chance.
Too bad the worst you can do to company's like this is spread your experience, you'd think places that pull this should have some sort of control device to keep them in check. The most they get is a "shame on you", and with the prices they charge they grin and bear it all the way to the bank.

Lesson is, you don't ALWAYS get what you pay for, so bargain shopping isn't so bad.

#44 MeSS|aH

MeSS|aH

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 13 January 2004 - 03:00 PM

Good prices??? They're prices are ridiculous. The only benefit for us Canadians would be a cheaper shipping costs, but it's still $5 shipping and the site I'm using is $10. Not really a big deal.

#45 Rob155

Rob155

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 January 2004 - 08:23 PM

These people must be on crack. Today is the 14th, the last day the new shipment of x2 chips was to arrive. Well SURPRISE SURPRISE, there is a catch. According to their "info" page, since they are too busy to talk to anyone:

"Jan 14th - All x2lites have been shipped except cod orders, if you have a cod x2 LITE forward us your order confirmation to cod@modchip.ca and let us know if we should ship it out.

Jan 14 - We expect plus and pro stock Jan 19th."

So after waiting almost 2 weeks for this carrot, it's a switch. The shipment was only for x2 LITES, how convenient they don't state that till the last day of the promised day of arrival. So everyone that ordered pro's or pluses, which I imagine is the bulk of what was ordered, must follow another carrot until Jan 19th. SO fine, I don't feel like getting hosed by another "company" and deal with the credit card nightmare this will become if possible, so I will wait until Jan 19th. I wish this wasn't online business. In the real world, company's that do this will compensate you for their BS, whether out of shame, losing local business, or because they TRULY feel empathy for the situation. What are the odds they will knock down their prices, which I haven't heard one person say they are low? Pay for the difference in super fast shipping? Well I'm willing to bet I won't even hear from an actual person once the shipment is ready OR sent. Why you ask? Cause people like this don't give a rat's ass, and it has been apparent since I placed the order.
I'd love to be proven wrong, but it's long past the point where it can be said it was all a mistake.
To the people who HAVEN'T ordered here, I strongly suggest to take your business elsewhere, anywhere. I can't guarantee it will be better, but I sure can't see any possible way it would be worse.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users