Memba Numero Uno

• Admin
  • 5,201 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 10 January 2007 - 04:35 AM

(CES07) Major Nelson Videos: Peter Moore, IPTV, HD-DVD, Arcade
Posted by XanTium | January 9 22:35 EST

Major Nelson (Microsoft's Xbox Live Director of Programming) posted several videos about the Xbox at CES 2007:

* Peter Moore at CES
Major Nelson interviews Peter Moore, corporate VP of the Interactive Entertainment Business in the Entertainment and Devices Division of Microsoft, at CES 2007.
Stream Video: High | Low

* IPTV Interview
Major Nelson has the scoop on IPTV, the new Xbox 360 application that allows you to watch live TV on your console.

* HD DVD Player
Major Nelson has more details about the HD DVD Player, one of the most popular accessories for Xbox 360.

* Xbox Live Arcade
Major previews Worms, Heavy Weapon and Castlevania; highly anticipated titles coming soon to Xbox Live Arcade.

#2 brywalker

brywalker

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 04:38 AM

IPTV is very exciting.

I think Microsoft is very confused as to how much content you can store on that little drive.

I really REALLY hope they allow external hard disks for recording video. Most of the set top boxes do (although eSATA) but I don't see why they wouldn't with USB.

Edited by brywalker, 10 January 2007 - 04:49 AM.

#3 spliffbizzie

spliffbizzie

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 11:04 AM

HD DVD

kevin said that hd dvd's were region free, can anyone confirm this, i have over 50 region 1 dvds that wont play in my 360 grr.gif and there are a lot more titles out in the states at the moment that i would like to pick up for my hd dvd drive, i also have a uk version of mission impossible 3 and on the back it says that it is region 2 which makes me think that hd dvd's are region coded.

Edited by spliffbizzie, 10 January 2007 - 11:05 AM.

#4 emailer33

emailer33

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 12:19 PM

castlevania? worms? oh sweet jeebus, hell yes!

#5 xjustsumloserx

xjustsumloserx

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 10 January 2007 - 12:36 PM

hmmm i remember reading about microsoft pulling a deal with DirecTV, I assume this IPtv thing took the place of it correct? Would have been nice to have my DirecTV to have something to do with this. oh well, so i assume that means nothing to me then since i dont have IPtv? Was anything else said about the DirecTV thing?

#6 brywalker

brywalker

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 02:52 PM

QUOTE(spliffbizzie @ Jan 10 2007, 11:11 AM) View Post

HD DVD

kevin said that hd dvd's were region free, can anyone confirm this, i have over 50 region 1 dvds that wont play in my 360 grr.gif and there are a lot more titles out in the states at the moment that i would like to pick up for my hd dvd drive, i also have a uk version of mission impossible 3 and on the back it says that it is region 2 which makes me think that hd dvd's are region coded.

HD DVDs are currently region free. However, region coded DVDs are still region coded on the HD DVD players.

Make sense?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users