kics

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 10 January 2007 - 08:19 AM

i just spent 4 hrs trying to kill that SOB ... i'm in insane level, does anyone knows how is the way to kill it.... i fired all my ammo up close... and nothing... ALL ... shotgun+6 exploding bows + 4 grenades + all my pistol ammo... and still didnt die...

#2 greenday54261

greenday54261

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 844 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 10 January 2007 - 12:03 PM

Try Torquebow + Lancer instead of Torquebow + shotgun. Sure, the shotgun is great @ close range, but by the time you get that close you'll probably have been ripped apart by his chaingun, the Therons/troikas on the reavers, or the Kryll.

Torquebow + Longshot might have a chance too, if you can hit him in the head every time.

And if he gets really close, just vault over your cover and run like hell to the opposite end of the car. Makes him turn around and come back.

Edited by greenday54261, 10 January 2007 - 12:04 PM.

#3 kics

kics

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 04:38 PM

but how many times do i have to hit him good ? average

#4 ninja x

ninja x

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 10 January 2007 - 06:01 PM

it takes a lot, you gotta attack when he sends the kryll to kill you. sooner or later you'll get it.

#5 jimjom

jimjom

X-S Freak

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts
  • Interests:4 8 15 16 23 42
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 10 January 2007 - 06:44 PM

got xbox live? I am more than game to help, send me a friend request.

#6 cerealkillajme

cerealkillajme

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,241 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 10 January 2007 - 09:03 PM

When I beat him on insane (solo) I used the torquebow and grenades only. I admit I got lucky on that one, Dom did good and didn't get himself killed instantly and stayed to the side causing him to not come straight at me. I shot him about 8x with the torquebow, then when he got to the middle barrier I tossed all 4 grenades (this is a good spot to use them as they don't go past that barrier), then shot the last 4 torquebow arrows into him, the very last torquebow shot I had killed him. I bout did a backflip laugh.gif

It took me at least 3 hours and probably died 200 times before that finally happened. Almost every time I shot all torquebow arrows and threw all grenades, guess I just had more headshots with the torquebow that time, I dunno. Good luck though smile.gif

#7 kics

kics

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 12:24 AM

i just beat him.... 2 more hrs

#8 SphtKr76

SphtKr76

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 13 January 2007 - 08:05 PM

I went in with a full TB and a half full Lancer. Hit him with the TB to scatter the kryll, get a perfect reload and hit him 2x with the TB while he is uncovered. I did that real quick until I was out of arrows, he then came in right close to the first concrete barrier I was behind and I blind fired nearly ALL my lancer ammo at him, he died on the last clip biggrin.gif That has happened to me twice, he just forgot to walk around the barrier, got lucky!

#9 Fuzzy

Fuzzy

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Music, Computers, Video Games

Posted 13 January 2007 - 08:12 PM

The best way to beat him is definitely co-op. I spent 4 hours trying to do it alone; finally called a friend and beat it in two tries.

#10 kics

kics

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 09:16 PM

yea... me too, had to call in a friend... :/

#11 pricemeista33

pricemeista33

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 555 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 13 February 2007 - 11:13 PM

Hey I'd like to beat Gen Raam by myself for braggin' rights since I've done it on the other 2 diffs. I don't have the torque bow and can't get it since didn't save with it. Don't have the ammo to fire it when I did have the bow. So how is it possible to defeat the Raam with only the shotgun, lancer, grenades, and long-shot? I fuckin hate dumb ass Dom..... kills himself tryin to be superman even when given commands.

#12 Marrvia

Marrvia

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 14 February 2007 - 04:44 AM

I wouldn't recognize anyone who has to use coop on to beat any part of the game on insane as actually doing it. RAAM is hard, but if you can't beat him alone, you didn't beat the game in my opinion. Same with any game.

#13 greenday54261

greenday54261

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 844 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b

Posted 14 February 2007 - 12:00 PM

QUOTE(pricemeista33 @ Feb 13 2007, 07:20 PM) View Post
Hey I'd like to beat Gen Raam by myself for braggin' rights since I've done it on the other 2 diffs. I don't have the torque bow and can't get it since didn't save with it. Don't have the ammo to fire it when I did have the bow. So how is it possible to defeat the Raam with only the shotgun, lancer, grenades, and long-shot? I fuckin hate dumb ass Dom..... kills himself tryin to be superman even when given commands.

There's a torquebow on the ground in that room right before RAAM. You have to look for it; it's kind of hidden in a corner.

Once you have that, it's torquebow lancer hide torquebow lancer hide etc. If you run out of torque shots just wait until he sends the Kryll at you, then unload on him with the Lancer. Blind-firing is surprisingly effective against this guy, especially when he gets close. And it helps you not get cut apart by his handheld Troika.

And yeah, Dom is an idiot.

#14 briguymaine

briguymaine

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 03:45 PM

I've been lucky a couple of times that he heads left at the start, I hit him with a torquebow and he gets stuck in the corner so then I just TB and Lancer, over and over. I've found that the shotgun and sniper rifle are worthless against Raam. Ditto Dom is an idiot, running all over until he's down.

Edited by briguymaine, 21 February 2007 - 03:47 PM.

#15 kelman8

kelman8

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 21 February 2007 - 10:08 PM

Beat him on insane (solo) but took a while to work out his movement pattern.
16 head shots with lancer will do the job , but keep a torque bow just in case.

For those who have forgot to keep a torque bow, all you need to do is.
-Go to main screen,
-Pick campain,
-Load previous chapter,
-Pick Act 5, then Pale horse,
-You will start level with, Torque bow x6, Lancer around 300, 2 frags, and some pistol ammo.
- Go to the bit sticking out the wall where the other torque bow is sitting and pick it up. (You will now have x12)
-Now swap the lancer with the longshot (Sniper rifle), and pick up the ammo crates around the cart (You should now have x24 shots)
-Also there are 2 frags lying on the ground.

I hope this helps anyone stuck for ammo.

PM me or reply if you still have trouble beating him on insane.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users