X-S Freak

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts
  • Interests:4 8 15 16 23 42
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 10 January 2007 - 07:17 PM

This game is so classic. One of the best, if not the best castlevania out there. Even after nearly a decade of gba/ds castlevanias in the same vein, this one seems to reign supreme. It took the series out of a doldrum and excellerated the rpg infused style. I personally cannot wait to spend money on this once again, and its guaranteed I will get all 200 points, with pleasure. If you havent ever played this or any of this style of castlevanias, you are in for a treat. The achievements below seem really fair and almost successfully encompass all of the games different gameplay extremes. 200.6% is really the maximum percentage you can get so, that in itself is a chore. I wonder if they will keep the awesome glitches intact.

I had to break the cherry on this game in this forum. love.gif love.gif love.gif love.gif

QUOTE(xbox360achievements.org)

Rampage 5
Defeat 10 consecutive enemies using the standard weapons without getting hit.

Apprentice 5
Defeat 10 consecutive enemies using only magic without getting hit.

Weapon Master 10
Defeat 10 consecutive enemies using special weapons without getting hit.

Changeling 10
Obtain the Bat, Wolf and Mist transformations.

Familiar 10
Collect all five familiars in the game.

Demon Slayer 10
Defeat Gaibon and Slorga.

Bloodlines 10
Defeat Dracula in the Bloodlines stage without getting hit.

Warlock 15
Unlock/Cast all eight of Alucard's spells.

Topsy Turvy 20
Unlock the Inverted Castle.

Money Bags 25
Collect a bank of $100,000.

Seeker 35
Explore 200.6% of the game.

Belmont's Revenge 45
Finish the game, including the inverted castle, as Richter.

#2 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,465 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.

Posted 10 January 2007 - 09:43 PM

cool, I've never played any of the Castlevania games but it seems very interesting.

Also one of the MajorNelson videos from CES has a clip of this game in action... it looks great smile.gif

#3 jimjom

jimjom

X-S Freak

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 10:34 PM

dude, you will love it. I can guarantee it.

It's got action and incredible bosses, perfect depth, surprises and best of all: it HAS stood the test of time. It's still just as fun as it was when I first played it.

Obviously, there are many ways to play this now.. both legally and illegally. I, for one, will spend the 1200 points it will probably cost. SO WORTH IT. I can't wait.

I wonder how they will squeeze it down to 50 megs though.... even with the music reencoded to wma or mp3 or whatever, it would seem to be around 300 megs? Maybe it will break teh' rules????

#4 jeff10

jeff10

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 135 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 12 January 2007 - 06:18 AM

gotta get someone to mod me a saturn controller for this, so i have a decent Dpad

#5 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,465 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.

Posted 12 January 2007 - 01:34 PM

if I had a dollar for everytime someone said that....

Anyway ... I myself can't use a Saturn controller on the 360 as it's been disassembled so I can use the parts for another project. smile.gif

Edited by twistedsymphony, 12 January 2007 - 01:34 PM.

#6 FlashKick

FlashKick

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 15 January 2007 - 06:33 AM

Yeah, someone needs to sell saturn adapters for 360. Seriously, the 360 dpad is even worse than the first xbox one!

#7 jimjom

jimjom

X-S Freak

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 05:15 PM

Fair enough, hopefully somebody will come along and produce a classic style controller just for times like these... they did the arcade stick, so why dont they make a d-pad orientated pad??!!

#8 chuckthefuk

chuckthefuk

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 103 posts
  • Interests:Ripping off M$ since 1988

Posted 11 April 2007 - 06:17 PM

More Detail

Rampage 5
Defeat 10 consecutive enemies using the standard weapons without getting hit.

Apprentice 5
Defeat 10 consecutive enemies using only magic without getting hit.

Weapon Master 10
Defeat 10 consecutive enemies using special weapons without getting hit.
-------------------------
Changeling 10
Obtain the Bat, Wolf and Mist transformations.
All of these are located in the Normal Castle
-------
Familiar 10
Collect all five familiars in the game.

All of these are located in the Normal Castle

Sword Card
Ferrie Card
Ghost Card
Deamon Card
Bat Card
---------------------------
Demon Slayer 10
Defeat Gaibon and Slorga.

Bloodlines 10
Defeat Dracula in the Bloodlines stage without getting hit.
-------------------------------
Start a new game
Enter the first room hit the stone and activate the button.
Stairs will come down.
Collect all the hearts
Move up the room and collect the "Cross" special item
Continue to Draculas room
Activate the cross this will defeat Stage 1 Dracula
Activate the cross as soon as Dracula tranforms
Do this a 2nd time then hit him with ur sword.
Takes about 10 seconds in total.
Your done!
----------------------

Warlock 15
Unlock/Cast all eight of Alucard's spells.
------------------------------------------------------

How to get it - Here is the list of spells, press the combination and you will automaticly add these to you spells list.

Key: U = Up D = Down F = Forward B = Back Charge (button) = Hold (button) for two seconds, then do whatever.

1) Dark Metamorphosis: B, UB, U, UF, F + Attack Whenever Alucard attacks an enemy that bleeds and touches the blood, Alucard heals some HP. (10 MP)

2) Hellfire: U, D, DF, F + Attack Just like Dracula. After you teleport out, press left or right to determine where you teleport in. Then, you'll do Dracula's 3-Fireball attack. Or, hold U as you teleport in to do Dracula's large fireball attack. Hold D to cancel the fireball period and just have a teleport. (15 MP)

3) Summon Spirit: B, F, U, D + Attack Summons spirit which homes in on one enemy. (5 MP)

4) Tetra Spirit: Charge U, UF, F, DF, D + Attack Like above, but summons four spirits at once. (20 MP)

5) Soul Steal: B, F, DF, D, BF, B, F + Attack Steals life from enemies and Candles. (50 MP)

6) Wolf Charge: D, DF, F + Attack Swift charge attack. (Must be in wolf form. Requires Skill of Wolf and Soul of Wolf Relics. 10 MP)

7) Wing Smash: Hold A (U, UB, B, DB, D, DF, F) Release A Swift charging attack. (Must be in Bat form. Requires Soul of Bat Relic. 8 MP)

8) Sword Brothers: D, DF, F, UF, Charge U, D + Attack Sword Familiar does an attack which damages all on screen enemies. (Requires Sword Card relic. Sword Familiar must be active as a Familiar. 30 MP)

--------------------------------------------------

Topsy Turvy 20
Unlock the Inverted Castle.

Money Bags 25
Collect a bank of $100,000.
----------------------------------
You should be able to get this when you are 150% done the game with a few Diamonds and Onxy's.
You may also use the Librarian Glitch (Req: Sword Card and Sword Familar Equiped)

Seeker 35
Explore 200.6% of the game.
--------------
100.3% Normal Castle
100.3% Inverted Castle
Shaft/Dracula (last room) does not count in the percentage.
NOTE: You can beat the game if you wish and still return to your last save game,.
----------------
Belmont's Revenge 45
Finish the game, including the inverted castle, as Richter.
-----------------------------
Beat the game or start a Alucard game then save, then start a new game and you will start off as Richter.

Edited by chuckthefuk, 11 April 2007 - 06:19 PM.

#9 darkmike57

darkmike57

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 380 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 21 April 2007 - 01:26 AM

I have this game on any console i own.

#10 mike96sc2

mike96sc2

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,728 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 30 April 2007 - 12:26 AM

QUOTE(darkmike57 @ Apr 20 2007, 08:02 PM) View Post

I have this game on any console i own.

So you own two consoles? Great...

I for one am super psyched to see this game get re-released as it did. I think we need to see much more of these kinds of releases vs what they try to pawn off on us for $5.

I don't want another reiteration of PacMan, I want classing Saturn games, I want Dreamcast games, I want NiGHTS, I want D, I was Battletoads, I don't need updates, just port the game and sell it for $10.

This is an area where Sega for one could make a killing. I hope other companies look at how Konami is making money hand over fist over offering this up. I'll buy great classics for $5 or $10, but I won't rebuy Joust or PacMan for $5 over and over again.

Microsoft needs to take a page from Nintendo's virtual console and really cater to back catalogs. I'd buy Castlevania SOTN 6 times before I bought the newest game. Which one do you think they see more return on investment on?

#11 darkmike57

darkmike57

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 380 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 03 March 2010 - 11:44 PM

QUOTE(mike96sc2 @ Apr 29 2007, 05:26 PM) View Post

So you own two consoles? Great...

I for one am super psyched to see this game get re-released as it did. I think we need to see much more of these kinds of releases vs what they try to pawn off on us for $5.

I don't want another reiteration of PacMan, I want classing Saturn games, I want Dreamcast games, I want NiGHTS, I want D, I was Battletoads, I don't need updates, just port the game and sell it for $10.

This is an area where Sega for one could make a killing. I hope other companies look at how Konami is making money hand over fist over offering this up. I'll buy great classics for $5 or $10, but I won't rebuy Joust or PacMan for $5 over and over again.

Microsoft needs to take a page from Nintendo's virtual console and really cater to back catalogs. I'd buy Castlevania SOTN 6 times before I bought the newest game. Which one do you think they see more return on investment on?

I had it on PS1, PS2, PSP, PC, Xbox, and Xbox 360.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users