#1 AeriaGloris

AeriaGloris

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 01:04 AM

These are the steps I have taken, with no success
  • Got the Via 6421L (It says that on the card chipset)
  • I put it into a pci slot
  • create a bootable memory stick with xtreme bootmaker 0.3.6
  • Plug in TSH943A ms28 Xbox 360 Drive to VIA PCI Card Sata port
  • Boot into dos mtkflash
  • Power on Xbox
  • Type mtkflash r /m orig.bin and enter
  • "No drive detected"
  • end
  • Repeat on different motherboard, same result
If you have a 6421L it would be great if you could let me know how you got it working, or any other help appreciated.

thanks.

Edited by AeriaGloris, 11 January 2007 - 01:05 AM.

#2 XboxPlaya128

XboxPlaya128

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 108 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 01:11 AM

You might need a hacked MTK flash or have to hack one that will work for this controller?

Might lead you in the right direction.

#3 AeriaGloris

AeriaGloris

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 01:17 AM

QUOTE(XboxPlaya128 @ Jan 11 2007, 01:18 AM) View Post

You might need a hacked MTK flash or have to hack one that will work for this controller?

Might lead you in the right direction.

I tried the first preedited mtkflash, no luck.

#4 AeriaGloris

AeriaGloris

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 01:50 AM

Does the Via PCI card need to be configured in Bios at all? Because the only thing I changed in bios was to boot from the USB Memory stick instead of hardrive.

#5 AeriaGloris

AeriaGloris

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 02:40 AM

^bump

#6 julagroggen

julagroggen

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 02:59 AM

by using xtreme bootmaker you already make sure that your mtkflash is adapted for your via6421l so no need to get other mtkflash. in xtreme bootmaker you choose the fw you want your drive to be patched with, then choose via6421 in the scrolldown list, click detect i/o and check both boke's patch and bad flash compatibility boxes, then select your usb stick drive letter and check the format and make bootable box. i assume you've already done this?

with your usb stick ready, follow these steps exactly:

x with pc and 360 turned off, hook up your drive to the sata port accessed from the inside of your computer. the via card has two sata ports, you must use the second one, NOT the one accessable from the outside of your computer. with xtreme bootmaker mtkflash is edited only for the inside port.
x with 360 turned OFF, start your pc and boot with usb. when booted and you're in dos, turn your 360 on.
x do the mtkflash r /m orig.bin and hit enter
x now you're to choose port and you should see one port named XTREME. when you see the ports do not yet choose, so BEFORE choosing a number turn your 360 off.
x once turned off, choose the xtreme port, when the port has been chosen, count to 10
x after 10 seconds, turn your 360 back on and it starts dumping right away

this is known as the 10 sec trick and must be performed on all MS28. do the same when flashing. i assume you know that you must extract your key from the orig.bin and put it into the xtreme.bin before flashing.

good luck

#7 AeriaGloris

AeriaGloris

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 04:31 AM

Very good point about xtreme bootmaker making it compatible with one sata port, I didn't even think that would be the case.

It just so happens that the Via VT 6421L has 3 SATA ports, 1 external and two internal, I have yet to try the one closest to me at all.

I'll post results, and if this turns out to be the cause then there should be a sticky, because this is probably the main problem causing no drive detect issues (if it works).

Other than that I will try out the SAM hack method, just so I can say I exhausted my options. (VCC trick no longer works with newer models here, they have the resistors covered in thick black heat resistant paste)

thanks

Edited by AeriaGloris, 11 January 2007 - 04:34 AM.

#8 eyric101

eyric101

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 11 January 2007 - 04:37 AM

Not sure this applies to you at all; however, I had to hotswap my dvd drive with a sata hard drive. My via controller was a raid card. If i booted it with the dvd plugged in and it was on, it would just hang then throw a detection error. If i booted with nothing connected it wouldn't detect any drives and would auto disable the card. Finally i booted with an sata drive plugged into the controller. When it finished booting I unplugged the sata cable from the hard drive drive and plugged it into the dvd drive. . Powered up the 360 ran mtkflash, powered down, hit the number, powered back up and wham. Good luck

Edited by eyric101, 11 January 2007 - 04:38 AM.

#9 AeriaGloris

AeriaGloris

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 06:48 AM

I can confirm this works, you MUST use the sata port facing the front, and with this VIA card you do not have to edit the mktflash at all which means instead of using xtreme bootmaker you can just put the files straight onto a memory stick, obviously don't forget to put boot files on there as well.

The only other problem I had in the whole process of firmware upgrading is I was typing the command wrong and getting "Fail to open input file" make sure you put the backslash on the m not on the R or W. (so mtkflash r /m orig.bin)

You can also get this error if you don't wait to turn the xbox back on, just keep trying till you get it.

thanks for the help from those in this thread.

cheers

Edited by AeriaGloris, 11 January 2007 - 06:50 AM.

#10 Boddah

Boddah

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 406 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 11 January 2007 - 10:08 AM

Yes, definitely use the port facing the front of the PC. That's the one I used, and I had no problems at all.

#11 cyclops69

cyclops69

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 01:22 AM

Hi,
I did this to my PCI card cos I couldn't disable the firmware.
It never saw the drive like with a hitachi, but it knew it was there and didn't like it.

before

after

Dunno if this will aply to you, but it fixed all of my ms28 problems.

Regards,
Cyclops

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users