• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Hungry Llama

Hungry Llama

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 03:33 AM

Ok, so here's the deal. I've looked through all these tutorials and everyone has a different way of accomplishing the same things, but none of them seem to address my problem.

FIRST, I HAVE found tutorials on how to upgrade my HD, but every time I read through one it is referencing a file called eeprom.bin, but I have no eeprom.bin. The guy I got the XBox from had modded it previously and didn't seem to leave me that nifty file. Now I'm looking for a way to get that file so that I can put a 120Gig HD (I checked and it should work with XBox) in my box and copy games to the HD so that I don't have to purchase multiple copies of the same games (I already had 1 XBox). And before someone asks, I am running an UnleashX dashboard and have downloaded EvoX (though I'm still not sure what I'm supposed to do with it.)
Yes I'm a noob when it comes to XBox modding. I much prefer regular old computers for playing with programs.

So, what I'd like to know:
How can I get the eeprom.bin file?
What is the best tutorial on upgrading my HD?

Thank you, and if this post is in the wrong place, I apologize, but this seemed the most logical location from what I understand of this whole process.

#2 chorizo1

chorizo1

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,883 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 11 January 2007 - 03:40 AM

do you have a modchip or a softmod?

#3 Hungry Llama

Hungry Llama

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 04:24 AM

Soft Mod
I guess that might have been useful to know.

#4 1hotjob

1hotjob

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,761 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 11 January 2007 - 05:36 AM

Look in the UnleashX menus and see if there is a back up option. That will create the eeprom.bin back up file. Have you looked through all the folders on the E drive for it already? Most softmods back up the eeprom now.

If that doesn't work, you can add a back up option to the evox.ini menu and get it there also.

First, check the E drive again, looking in all folders and sub folders.

Then try to use back up option in UnleashX.

After that let us know what you find.

#5 Hungry Llama

Hungry Llama

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 06:23 AM

No backup option, and I looked everywhere in E:\ and there's no eeprom.bin. How do I go about adding a backup option to the menu?

#6 1hotjob

1hotjob

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • 4,761 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 03:53 PM

This is what I added to the evox.ini file to get a back up.

Item "Backup",ID_Backup

You can put it pretty much anywhere in the menu. I put mine under the Apps section. Look through the file and you will see where to put it.

If you have evox.xbe and evox.ini on the Xbox you can browse to the evox.xbe file with UnleashX file manager and run evox. Do the back up and then exit back to UnleashX. Browse the HD and you should find the eeprom.

#7 Hungry Llama

Hungry Llama

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 07:15 AM

The backup option is already in the ini, but every time I run the evox.xbe, it simply reloads UnleashX and gives me the same menu again. Why is it not loading? I have the newest version of evox.

#8 1hotjob

1hotjob

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • 4,761 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 09:38 PM

Look through the UnleashX forum and if you can't find the answer, search for it. Type in "backup eeprom with unleashx".

If you still can't find it, post in the UnleashX forum. I am sure someone there can help you.

#9 Hungry Llama

Hungry Llama

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 12:48 AM

Thanks for the help. I'll try the other forum and see what they can give me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users