• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Seanm6869

Seanm6869

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 May 2003 - 04:22 AM

just wondering if anyone found a legit 32MB usb pen that works??? please let me know because the one i just bought doesnt...

#2 EvilWays

EvilWays

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,333 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 24 May 2003 - 01:46 AM

There's some magic number to use to know if it'll possibly work...the pen drive's actual size (in bytes) has to be divisible by 16,384 and I think it must be a whole number result.

#3 Jagosix

Jagosix

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 341 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 08 June 2003 - 03:05 AM

Hello, People ..have i got some good news for u biggrin.gif . I have stumbled upon this company that has the perfect pen drives that works with the magaxkey software & is recognized by Xbox. I paid about $20 for the pen drive (32mb). Oh yeah , it also comes with a usb cable. Here's the company info.

HEDY COMPUTER .CO.,LTD.
http://www.hedy.com.cn
mailto:babydisk@hedy.com.cn

Here's the distributing company that i got mine from.
FlashUSBdepot
McDonough, GA
phone 770-957-5603
http://www.flashusbdepot.com

The pen drives are called BabyDisk. I've fromatted it with the xbox & megaxkey software , I've transferred game saves back & forth. I've also tried this on all versions of windows (etc 98/2000/xp) They all worked great. So, give this company (FlashUSBdepot) a try. I did & i'm sure we all can benefit from this.

U can learn something from everybody. cool.gif

#4 Jagosix

Jagosix

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 08 June 2003 - 06:10 PM

Hello, I've also purchased the 64 & 128mb pen drives (the same type). They all work with no problems. beerchug.gif

u can learn something from everybody. smile.gif

#5 rrreed

rrreed

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 12 June 2003 - 10:56 PM

QUOTE (Jagosix @ Jun 8 2003, 08:10 PM)
Hello, I've also purchased the 64 & 128mb pen drives (the same type). They all work with no problems.

On your recomendation I purchased the 128 BabyDisk. I have a MegaXKey and the software.

How do I format my new BabyDisk to work like the MegaDiskKey?

Thanks,
Ron

#6 dcnigma

dcnigma

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 667 posts
  • Interests:XBOX-scene ,Dreamcast-scene, mod-scene<br />If you can hack it it interest me
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 12 June 2003 - 11:20 PM

i want to know will my nokia gsm the one with the mp3 player built in dont know the nr i believe its a 5110 work for megakey it has 64meg.
will give it a try tomorow

#7 slims

slims

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 134 posts
  • Interests:playing with the newest M$ Os<br />watching the sky. yo never know whats going to fall.
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 13 June 2003 - 02:46 AM

buslink 32 meg usb pen dont work with mega x key
nexgen 16, 32, 64, dont work aswell.

Edited by slims, 13 June 2003 - 02:47 AM.

#8 BillGates138

BillGates138

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 June 2003 - 05:41 AM

Can you hook me up with that mega x-key? I have an M$ 32 meg pen drive that I got for attending a class for Micro$oft. Apparently, if you get the free USB adapter for the phantasy online game you can use that to plug your pen drive in and the xbox will see it as a memory stick. I want to see if the mega-xkey software will be recognized by my pen drive but I don't have it. PM me if you can.

#9 BillGates138

BillGates138

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 July 2003 - 05:33 AM

So sorry, didn't even realize I was asking for software but somebody could have said it was on xbins at least. Anyways, I did get mega-x key software and it immediately recognized my pen drive as soon as I plugged it into the computer. Pretty damn cool. Works as an xbox memory card recognizing all 32 meg of it and works in Mega-x key to boot. But what really cracks me up is the fact that the pen drive came from M$. I guess it makes sense that it would work but it's just funny for some reason.

#10 keiths

keiths

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 09 July 2003 - 07:38 AM

Brands that work: FMI, CompUSA, PQ, Fujitsu, SanDisk

Use of any other size other than 32MB will either not work, or will be at the risk of data corruption due to offset differences, cluster size differences, cluster mapping differences, etc.

BTW- we lowered the price of the stand-alone MXK compatible drive to $19.95 (http://www.megaxkey....p?section=order) and are investigating larger sizes now that prices have come down.

#11 gotodengo

gotodengo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 July 2003 - 05:39 PM

I have a 16MB GE pen drive (USB 1.1) that works fine for moving gavesaves from xbox to pc and vice versa. It works with either megaxkey 1.2 software or the hacked version called MXM_BxBx. It won't work with megaxkey 2.1, I guess because it's not 32MB.

I tried a Lexar JumpDrive Trio card reader (USB 2.0) with 32MB MMC, SD, and MS cards and it did not work.

The problem I'm having is that neither program will see the hacked Mechassault and 007 AUF gamesaves with Evox. I've tried putting the hacked gamesaves in the saves folder in zipped and unzipped forms, tried changing the names, put only certain folders in the saves folder, but the software just won't recognize that they're there and allow me to transer them to my xbox. Anybody run into this before?

#12 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,752 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 28 January 2004 - 06:45 PM

i dont think usblashdepot carries the mga-x-key anymore, they only have 64mb now and it clearanced, maybe hedy doesnt make them? are there any other >32mb drives that work?

i HAD a 128mb babydisk, worked great, but some one stole it mad.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users