Photo

Should I Reburn My Fujifilm Backups To Verbatim?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 sodapopinski

sodapopinski

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 04:58 AM

Well, I've successfully made 15 backups with Fujifilm media (not the best media, I realize) and I was looking for a good deal on another spindle when I noticed a great deal on the highly-touted Verbatim media. So now I'm wondering if I should reburn my backups on verbatim for any reason. I've read that the verbatims may read better and load faster as well as the fact that they last longer. Does anyone have experience with this? Even if it's not entirely worth it, I might do it because I like my backups to look uniform =P and i know i should go with verbatim from here on out.

By the way, the deal is on 20 disc spindles for $24.99 canadian at futureshop starting tomorrow.

#2 hakaveli

hakaveli

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 08:15 AM

QUOTE(sodapopinski @ Jan 11 2007, 08:05 PM) View Post

Well, I've successfully made 15 backups with Fujifilm media (not the best media, I realize) and I was looking for a good deal on another spindle when I noticed a great deal on the highly-touted Verbatim media. So now I'm wondering if I should reburn my backups on verbatim for any reason. I've read that the verbatims may read better and load faster as well as the fact that they last longer. Does anyone have experience with this? Even if it's not entirely worth it, I might do it because I like my backups to look uniform =P and i know i should go with verbatim from here on out.

By the way, the deal is on 20 disc spindles for $24.99 canadian at futureshop starting tomorrow.

if youre going to have the image files stored on your computer, then no. otherwise, your call?

#3 sodapopinski

sodapopinski

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 08:39 AM

Thanks for the reply. I think i'll leave the fuji copies alone. It's not like i can't make new backups if the data decides to corrupt in a couple years.

The only other thing i'm wondering about is the amount the verbs reflect compared to the riteks and if this will have an effect on my laser. Again, it's not like i can't buy a new laser but i'd rather not have it go.

#4 jesterrace777

jesterrace777

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 12 January 2007 - 09:47 AM

I wouldn't be as worried about that. Despite all of Ritek's short-comings they do have pretty good reflectivity.

#5 sodapopinski

sodapopinski

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 04:44 PM

Excellent! Thankyou Jester, your opinion is an important one. I won't bother and my stash of verbatim (just stocked up from FS) will be put to good use. I'm thinking it's possible that I lucked out and got a good batch of riteks since i've heard they vary from spindle to spindle.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users