• Admin
  • 5,201 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 12 January 2007 - 06:17 AM

Castlevania Breaks 50MB Arcade Limit
Posted by XanTium | January 12 00:17 EST

From gamespot.com:

The upcoming release of Castlevania: Symphony of the Night as a downloadable Xbox 360 game is noteworthy for a few reasons.

Symphony of the Night is not a "small-scale" game in any sense of the phrase. It's based on an existing home-console game, a distinction on Live Arcade only shared by the upcoming Alien Hominid HD. Konami has confirmed to GameSpot that the final size of the Symphony of the Night download will surpass Microsoft's 50MB size limit for Live Arcade games.

Even though Symphony of the Night will exceed the size limit, Canessa (Microsoft's group manager for Xbox Live Arcade) indicated that there is still a 50MB cap on Live Arcade games, although Microsoft is willing to make exceptions to the rule. "If any games do exceed 50 MB, it's for a very specific reason that would ensure that the gameplay experience is the best it can be," Canessa said.

Full Story: gamespot.com (via xbox360fanboy.com)

#2 evilgizmo

evilgizmo

X-S Senior Member

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 12 January 2007 - 05:29 AM

so whats the size?

#3 sektor1062

sektor1062

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 115 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 05:42 AM

old news, show me a release date
so whats the size?

doesnt matter, the announcement keeps people interested and the lack of information keeps them curious

#4 C_Ripper

C_Ripper

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 12 January 2007 - 05:48 AM

Just the fact that it's Symphony of the Night is keeping me interested. There are very few games I enjoyed on the Playstation, but this game was effing awesome. Easily the best platformer I've played... and maybe the best period.

#5 jimjom

jimjom

X-S Freak

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,240 posts
  • Interests:4 8 15 16 23 42
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 12 January 2007 - 06:09 AM

PUT THIS IN THE CASTLEVANIA CHAT!!!!11

OMG!!! YES I KNEW IT WOULD! I mentioned this before, it's impossible, even with the music in atac or some shit, it'd still be like a couple hundred megs.

I. AM. TOTALLY. PUMPED. SOTN OWNS. I'll stop shouting now, sorry.

#6 XanTium

XanTium

Xanta Powa!

• Admin
  • 3,110 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 06:19 AM

QUOTE(jimjom @ Jan 12 2007, 06:16 AM) View Post

PUT THIS IN THE CASTLEVANIA CHAT!!!!

my mistake ... moved now wink.gif Happy?

#7 shanoo

shanoo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 06:28 AM

it's 51MB tongue.gif

i used to be VERY excited about this, but then comes along the PSX emu for the PSP...

...truly some of the best quality time i've had on the can (makes your legs go really numb) tongue.gif

#8 folkor

folkor

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 06:33 AM

I believe the size is 57mb. IGN had a report on it, which I'm trying to dig up now.

Found the article, but it just says they are CLOSE to the 50mb limit.

hxxp://xbox360.ign.com/articles/753/753798p1.html

#9 Pheidias

Pheidias

X-S Expert

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 12 January 2007 - 06:57 AM

Strange on CES they reported that they would have no problem getting it under 50mb, Since the only thing that took up space on the ps1 was the sound. And PoT for NDS is less then 50mb and superior in every way too SotN.

This will probably be the best game coming for the x360 all year.
Bring 2d back to the home console

#10 dre74

dre74

X-S X-perience

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b

Posted 12 January 2007 - 07:37 AM

A compressed eboot(psp) with music ripped from game is 27mb so the music does take up a lot of room. I can't wait til it comes out on xbl this is a game I would buy from market place.

#11 mike96sc2

mike96sc2

X-S Freak

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,728 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 12 January 2007 - 07:51 AM

There will be a sub-50MB demo people can grab.

I never did complete this game but I remember it being an awesome game and always sad I got so far then I got lost and couldn't ever finish. I can't wait to give it another go!

#12 Elemino

Elemino

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 08:05 AM

I don't know why, but the first time I read this I thought it was talking about a game you could download on Wii (because Castelvania & Nintendo also go hand and hand). Then I got to thinking, why would they be talking about a Wii download exceeding MS's limit? Then it finally hit me... man I feel slow. Still I'm extremely happy about this. Because I haven't owned the right game systems, the last Castelvania game I seriously played was Super Castelvania IV (which is the only one I ever beat btw). I played Castelvnia 64, but I quickly sold my N64 because I saw the end of the system coming quickly and I knew the value would plummit. So here we are almost 10 years later and finally I'm about to get to play one seriously again. I can't wait. I've secretly wished Konami would just make up their minds they would make a killer new Castelvania for X360 with graphics of the scale of GoW and game play like none other (including bringing back the whip & swing action of Super C IV).

#13 Masamune

Masamune

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 12 January 2007 - 08:38 AM

yummm....kudu jerky pretzels! smile.gif

This game will prolly outsell any other xbl arcade game.

#14 xtreme_360fw

xtreme_360fw

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts
  • Interests:my girl, fixing shit, gaming, Street Fighter, arcades, the truth, knowledge... and my girl
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 12 January 2007 - 08:40 AM

Wow, I can't believe they sized it down that much! With the ability to use my custom soundtrack is gonna make this game more enjoyable this time around. Any idea how much it's going for? I'm thinking 800-1200 MS Points? Can't wait for this!

=Xtreme=

#15 BigDaddyShoo

BigDaddyShoo

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 12 January 2007 - 11:20 AM

there is still a 50MB cap on Live Arcade games, although Microsoft is willing to make exceptions to the rule

Translation: There's a 50MB cap on Live Arcade games, unless it's a game that's gonna make us a boatload of money.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users