goodl

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 12 January 2007 - 10:52 AM

I have only ever flashed for my own use before with the same machine using a Xeno 360 Connectivity Kit, considering that someone will be purchasing this drive for a swap out,what issues should I make them aware of. Since the fall update is a samsung/hitachi swapover now impossible or is it possible to spoof the make and model numbers? Basically what im looking for is a foolproof tut for injecting an original key to a new drive with the correct version (its currently a 46DH with the latest Maximus-Garyopa. I have looked but it all seems to be based around flashing the original drive key. No I can make sense of this but I guess yur average ebayer would need a little more hand holding.

After all the very basic questions im getting, im beginning to regret putting it up for auction sad.gif

#2 goodl

goodl

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 11:41 AM

after looking up on the FWtoolbox 3 it seems straightforward enough, but straightforward enough to be fool proof is doubtful

#3 vinomarky

vinomarky

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 349 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 12 January 2007 - 11:47 AM

Have a look through the other ebay posts selling drives - most of them explicitly state that the buyer needs to know how to update the key.

#4 goodl

goodl

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 11:49 AM

Hmm, so they do, I guess I'm taking customer service a little too far,(worried about my fb)

I just dont want to end up with a neg cos some mouthbreather used an auto flasher and bricks it

#5 vinomarky

vinomarky

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 11:55 AM

It's better than representing that you will hold their hand through the process, only to find that they don't take notice of what you write and will STILL blame you... after all, you were going to help them no?

#6 goodl

goodl

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 12:06 PM

Good point, from some of the questions I have had I have started to despair eg. whats all this about a key are you talking about. I'm going to make it absolutely clear that it is their responsibility. One can only go so far with these things. I'll provide the neccesary software and documentation, and thats as far as it goes.

#7 vinomarky

vinomarky

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 01:12 PM

QUOTE(goodl @ Jan 12 2007, 12:13 PM) View Post

I'll provide the neccesary software and documentation, and thats as far as it goes.

Reduce your liability even further - I suggest that you simply supply them with a URL;
http://www.360mods.n...ails/id=61.html

If they can't follow this, then they have no business buying a replacement drive anyway

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users