Photo

Having Problems With Tsop And Hard Drive....

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 the_Watchers_eye

the_Watchers_eye

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 01:55 PM

basically I was having a problem with flashing until i realised i needed to use raincoat as i have a winbond tsop.....

i have succesfully flashed the tsop, as i can load evo-x installer from cd and original games..... however I cannot seem to load up a dashboard from the hard drive? Basically if i format the partitions in evo-x installer all the drive letters remain on 0 bytes..... any ideas? I am using a replacement hard drive that was not lockable since I originally planned to do the soft mod trick but that did not work.....

I have tried the original hard drive as well with the original soft modded files and i stuck evoxdash.xbe on the c drive to see if it would load that but it did not.....

any help is appreciated.....

the bios loads in this sequence:

dvd = default.xbe
c: xboxdash.xbe
c: evoxdash.xbe
c: default.xbe

Edited by the_Watchers_eye, 12 January 2007 - 01:57 PM.

#2 StrictPuppet

StrictPuppet

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,296 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 13 January 2007 - 06:15 AM

You sure that drive is not lockable? Seems to me like the drive is locked...just not with the correct key for that box. If you go to the settings screen on evox, it will tell you if the drive is locked or not. Also check your jumper setting on the drive.

#3 the_Watchers_eye

the_Watchers_eye

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 12:35 PM

wouldn't the original hard drive work though that came out of the box?

i will check the 2nd one though with what you have said......

#4 StrictPuppet

StrictPuppet

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,296 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 03:17 PM

QUOTE(the_Watchers_eye @ Jan 13 2007, 03:42 AM) View Post

wouldn't the original hard drive work though that came out of the box?

It would except that... your boot order wants to boot xboxdash before evoxdash

I have tried the original hard drive as well with the original soft modded files and i stuck evoxdash.xbe on the c drive to see if it would load that but it did not.....

the bios loads in this sequence:

dvd = default.xbe
c: xboxdash.xbe
c: evoxdash.xbe
c: default.xbe

Either rename evoxdash.xbe -->xboxdash.xbe or rename xboxdash.xbe --->kjghyg.xbe (or w/e)

#5 the_Watchers_eye

the_Watchers_eye

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 04:47 PM

right guys i have gotten the original hard drive working..... and the tsop flashing has been succesful...

the problem now is the upgraded hard drive.... i think i must have crapped it up when i tried to lock it when i originally attempted a soft mod...... i am getting a disk error message in the evo x installer settings to see if the hard drive is locked or not......

is there anything i can do to recover the hard drive?

i am trying to load config magic from cd and see if i can unlock it, and use the hdd recovery utility?

any advice please?

#6 the_Watchers_eye

the_Watchers_eye

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 09:40 PM

ok guys... i can't get config magic to work with the hard drive, i can't get xboxhdm to or windows xp installation disk..... says there is no access to the drive.....

any idea what i can do? thanks

#7 StrictPuppet

StrictPuppet

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,296 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 10:55 PM

Make sure you have the jumper set right (cable select or CS) also examine the pins in the ide connector, if it was hastily plugged in a pin may be bent or broken. If all seems well you can try to run a disk diagnostic utility from the drives manufacturer on your pc. Perhaps even do a low level format on it if it can be detected in windows.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users