• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 voltagefreak

voltagefreak

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Location:12 min. from school, 25 ft from xbox, 29 from computer, 0.000 from myself :-)
  • Interests:XBOX, HIGH VOLTAGE, ELECTRONICS, HOLOGRAPHY, LASERS, PAINTBALL, SPORTS
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 14 January 2007 - 05:22 AM

ok, so i know hard drive windows are hard, but how many people have done it suceesfully (and that means please share tips), as i have done a few sucessful, but i HATE the way it has to be done, how do YOU do it

#2 ubernewb

ubernewb

now 58% uber'er

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,016 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 09:38 AM

care to elaborate as to why you hate the way it has to be done? if anything it sounds like you're fishing for information on something you know nothing about. if that's the case, just ask. you don't have to pretend to be a rocket scientist here....

#3 voltagefreak

voltagefreak

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Location:12 min. from school, 25 ft from xbox, 29 from computer, 0.000 from myself :-)
  • Interests:XBOX, HIGH VOLTAGE, ELECTRONICS, HOLOGRAPHY, LASERS, PAINTBALL, SPORTS

Posted 14 January 2007 - 05:22 PM

some of the parts I hate are... the "clean room" (I just raise the humidity to lower dust, i'm told there are other ways to make it safe to open), the need to keep it in a saran wrap bag, and the ways of re-sealing it without "over-pressuring the inside"....anyway here's a pic of mine...i still need to touch it up somewhat, but that is the stock XBOX hard drive...

IPB Image

#4 voltagefreak

voltagefreak

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 02:31 AM

ok, so i went ahead and did a rack with plexi windows for a SCSI array for my super computer cluster, and then crap, the screw driver does not fit :-P, so I used a few IDEs for another comp in the cluster, multiple hard drives with tops removed, only waits to be bondoed smooth on the sides and back, then paint :-).......
you know what, I may make this a worklog of a multiple Hard drive window (H.D.W. for short), out of plexi and put all the HDDs in the case with their lids off, good idea eh...here is the one mentioned that led to the idea, first i will make it look good....
IPB Image

IPB Image

#5 voltagefreak

voltagefreak

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 11:49 PM

right now i'm still running checks on the IDE drives (the ones photographed), but all seems to be fine, my computer cluster can recognise them and all, only thinng left is to sand and paint (before moving to the next one) biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users