X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 14 January 2007 - 06:57 PM

The title says it all.

I think it might change what people think about football. This might get more stars in the MLS, which will boost the league, people wont think its a mediocre league anymore. People in North America need to learn why the beautiful game is so beautiful. I hate when people bash football because theres no body contact.

ps: Wouldnt it be nice if Canada joined the MLS?? I know Toronto joined them but more teams would be great.

#2 Rylinkus

Rylinkus

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,606 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 14 January 2007 - 07:02 PM

QUOTE(juan_2006 @ Jan 14 2007, 07:04 PM) View Post

The title says it all.

I think it might change what people think about football. This might get more stars in the MLS, which will boost the league, people wont think its a mediocre league anymore. People in North America need to learn why the beautiful game is so beautiful. I hate when people bash football because theres no body contact.

ps: Wouldnt it be nice if Canada joined the MLS?? I know Toronto joined them but more teams would be great.

Honestly I dont think its going to do a thing. Maybe a few more people will go to games he plays to see him. But it's a Europe sport, and the US just cant seem to get into it. Pele came here. It didnt make soccer big then. I hardly think a past his prime Beckham makes MLS matter.

#3 Spency234

Spency234

LEAFS NATION

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 15 January 2007 - 01:27 AM

I think the PTI guys said it best when they said that Beckham will make it "cool" to watch football (soccer) in LA. It won't help the league, or the sport in North America, just that particular team.

#4 BCfosheezy

BCfosheezy

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 18 January 2007 - 04:54 PM

It would take decades to get people into it here. To most of us it is incredibly boring, for no good reason other than we don't understand the whole thing and are not used to it. For instance, I can sit and watch a complete days coverage of a golf tournament. I cannot sit and watch soccer. I can sit and watch a scoreless baseball game, but I cannot watch soccer players kick the ball back and forth up and downfield. I can't watch hockey very long either, but I can watch it a helluva lot longer than soccer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users