• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 gray111

gray111

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 11:09 PM

Hi im new to the forum,can i just say what a great place it is.
Ihave a problem and i hope someone can help,Let me start off telling you where i am now and what i have done so far.I had a softmodded xbox with error code .7 .After reading on the forum that it was a hd problem
i checked all cables and connections (they were fine) i realised the hd was dead. I aso had no back up of the drive.
After some more reading i decided to hard mode it with a chip,so i put in a DuoX 2 GS Cromwell/FlashBios Edition and got a new hard drive. SEAGATE model..ST310014ACE. This being the first time i done anything like this i took my time with the soldering of the chip and board .Everything went well and after finishing the installation i had a red flashing light and the xbox boots to the XBOX LINUX CROMWELL BIOS 2.32 screen.
I can go no further then this because the cromwell bois 2.32 can not detect the dvdrom or the harddrive.I have a bios cd ready the Xecuter 4981.06 and the Eurasia Generic Pro Flash Disc 1.2. but they can not be read by the drive.
i am unshure what to do next any help would be apprieated.....Thanks

#2 gray111

gray111

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 04:20 PM

hi there still waiting for help please

#3 williamsa0000

williamsa0000

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Interests:being with my Girlfriend
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 22 January 2007 - 08:11 PM

maybe its just the IDE. it might not be the cable. check the bottom of the mobo and the DVD drive pins where the IDE goes into maybe a pin is broken. there is a number of posible reasons why the xbox wont detect the DVD drive and the HD.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users